𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

For the next two weeks, Vaanmathi had no symptoms of abnormality

For the next two weeks, Vaanmathi had no symptoms of abnormality. She was smiling most of the time and chatting with the nurses and her doctor Keshav.

The witch was inside her, relishing the time Vaanmathi spent with Keshav. Likewise Vaanmathi, she was also happy. Therefore, the witch never occupied Vaanmathi's body except on that full moon day. She was residing inwards her. She would protect Vaanmathi and would never let her prone to any more pain.

Keshav was a mess in his head for the first one week. He was tending to her keenly all seven days, expecting her eyes to turn red. But it never occurred. He had questioned her about the same, unfortunately, Vaanmathi was insensible of the incidents, hence she answered negatively to Keshav's question.

By then, Keshav was almost on the level where he was convincing himself that the red eyes he actually saw on that full moon day were an illusion. Yet he knew well that it was not the case.

He just freaking witnessed it. Mithra had also seen it...thus obviously he did not have a hallucination of red eyes.

Nevertheless, in the last week, Keshav became somewhat normal and attended to his patient calmly. Despite earning no plausible reason for her red eyes, he aided himself to be alright...

Also, he could bluntly sense the odd changes in Vaanmathi. Some good ones...

The way she would stare at him, he could observe what was circulating in her head by that look. The girl began harvesting feelings for him. In spite of acknowledging the same, he remained unbothered or better yet hushed about it and does the business he was typically brought in for...just to treat his patient.

It was a Saturday morning, the day Vaanmathi would go back to her conventional lifestyle. This was the end of her time in the asylum. She was delighted, but she was sad that she couldn't spend time with her doctor anymore. In the merriness of departing from the asylum, she had totally forgotten about the latter part.

Meanwhile, Keshav was not planning to leave for the U.S anytime soon. He still had no answers to that red eyes.

But he had to let Vaanmathi discharge because the girl was completely in her senses. And he can't sustain her in the asylum for no reason. Imagine people looking at him weirdly when he announces that Vaanmathi was still in the asylum because of glinting red eyes...that's so believable, right?

Anyhow,

Keshav was currently signing and examining some papers related to Vaanmathi's acquit in his cabinet when a knock rang on his door.

"Come in" he declared, his interest pinned on the papers.

"Doctor!" His head tilted up at the familiar calling. Looking directly at Vaanmathi, Keshav regarded her. She has worn a red churidar. She was beautiful but Keshav frowned at why it had to be red again.

"Were your parents here?" He asked her, accompanied by a quirk of his eyebrow. "Yes, doctor..just now they arrived" Keshav nodded his head.

"Doctor..." Vaanmathi dragged unsurely and walked towards Keshav,  seating herself on the chair opposite to his desk.

Keshav paused his work and stared at his patient, well, ex-patient.

"Yes?" He responded.

"Will you be returning to the US...?" Both Vaanmathi and the witch were saddened and angered at the same time. They did not want to let him go.

"Yes but not now, I've planned to spend another one month here" The grin on Vaanmathi's face, told Keshav everything. And he had to stop her before she has become a lovesick puppy.

"And Vaanmathi, I am well aware of what you are thinking right now. This is well...something we can't control but look, I'm not interested right now"
Yes, he felt attracted to Vaanmathi, he would not deny that.

But loving someone was difficult and time-consuming.

Vaanmathi was fuming in wrath, alike the witch. He is hers. He will be hers.

"Oh...Doctor, I'm glad you understood my feelings without me having to convey them to you. But you see, I have lost a lot of things throughout these years and I don't care anymore. What's gone is gone...but you are right here, in front of me, I can't lose you" Keshav was partially amused by her words. The witch in Vaanmathi was bemused at the girl's braveness and words.

After all, it seems both their objective in this is the same.

"So?" Keshav was still calm and composed. He was not yet entirely recovered from the red eyes, and now he had to deal with this so-called love!

"So, you are going to love me" Keshav looked dumbfounded. He might as well retain her in the asylum for another two months. No, then he had to attend to her all the time...not a good option. Absolutely not when your patient was in love with you. Correction, ex-patient.

"We will see about that, you can excuse yourself now" Vaanmathi's smile was still prominent on her face.

"Yes..." She stood up. "The next one month also, you would be staying in our bungalow right?" Keshav merely nodded his head.

"Good" She muttered, fleeing a distinct look to Keshav and swiveling around. Keshav sighed. How much can a man could endure!

Vaanmathi, as she sauntered towards the exit of his cabin door, her eyes glowed red. The witch and Vaanmathi are mending together well.

Turns out that both of them were obsessed over him.

..........................

How was it guys?❤️