𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Check out chap 8 if you haven't yet♥️

Jiffies later, she had completed her breakfast, and Keshav entered her room

Jiffies later, she had completed her breakfast, and Keshav entered her room. Vaanmathi was intimidated by his presence yet felt safe.

"How are your eyes?" He asked as he shut the door and walked towards her. "It's fine" she replied while scrutinizing him until he halts near her bed.

Vaanmathi guessed he would perch himself on the chair, but Keshav tilted her face to him by getting hold of his chin. Her heart burst at his action. She was startled...

Meanwhile, Keshav just picked a penlight torch from his coat pouch and shone it into her eyes. Vaanmathi calmed, acknowledging his intention.

Keshav did not miss the dilation of her eye when he touched her chin. But he did not have any awful intentions toward his patient.

He swung the light from her one eye to another and was satisfied. There were no issues in her eyes...

Nodding to himself, he settled on the chair, leaving the flustered girl to herself.

Keshav then uncovered the same tiny note and pen from his pocket, ready to poll Vaanmathi. "Do you have best friends?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

Her shyness fled away...Vaanmathi stared down as she took in the meaning of his query. No previous doctor of hers had enquired her about it. They all concentrated on analyzing and treating her and they did not do any background research on her life much. But...cant blame them albeit, her condition was very disastrous back then. Now, she had learned a bit to conspire with them.

"I had one.." she mumbled lowly. "When?" Keshav further inquired.

"She left me at our vacation holidays of the tenth standard. I still don't know why. Even when I confronted her, she ignored me completely..." Vaanmathi's voice fell. Keshav connected his doubts with her answer.

So, because of the break with her best friend, she started to lose interest in her studies. No...there must be something more.

"Vaanmathi, was this the reason why your marks got low in 11th and 12th?" She shook her head. She was quite astounded that he surveyed her study rate.

"No...I still had many other close friends so losing my best friend was not that hard for me to handle." She blurted out, thinking back to her school days. She was a nice girl... everyone spoke well to her and treated her with love.

"Did you have any love interest in school? Is that why your scores dropped?" Vaanmathi waved her hands off, indicating negatively to his question. As her status is quite extravagant, boys maintained their distance from her, afraid of her parents.

"No...It wasn't due to that. It's actually cause I couldn't focus on books. I wasn't like that till my tenth standard. I have no idea what emerged within me. Whenever I tried to study, my mind had gone blank and I could not take in anything less than a few paragraphs. I was distressed by it but somehow managed to pass the exams. And on those times, I used to have so many odd dreams..."

Keshav's eyebrows furrowed. That's suspicious. "What kind of dream?" He enquired stimulating Vaanmathi to rewind those faded memories.

"I can't recall everything...but it was a king...and he was so handsome though I could not make out his face clearly " Vaanmathi giggled as Keshav shook his head at her words.

But then something stuck him. He reminisced about the dream he had last night. A crown of the king, a royal chair...well, It might be a coincidence. He compromised himself.

"Do you have any hobbies?" Keshav asked to sustain the bubbling smile on her face.

"Yes! I love to draw. I used to help all my friends in completing their records! And you know what...one time accidentally in my friend's record book, in place of drawing a rat, I drew a pigeon" She chuckled reliving those moments.

Keshav smiled.

Then he began quizzing her again. "Well, If you don't mind, could you tell me your ex-best friend's name?" He was skeptical about her abruptly abandoning Vaanmathi for no reason.

"Um...her name is...Mithra!" Keshav nodded. His job today is meeting that girl...

Vaanmathi was exceptionally pleased today. Had she ever smiled like this after coming to this asylum? No!

She was one by one experiencing horrendous things all these years. But now, with this new doctor, she was feeling alright...

Yet...

Once Keshav was out of the asylum, Vaanmathi's nightmare set foot in her head again.

........................

How was it guys?❤