𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Days flew by and the doctor-patient duo had gotten comfortable with each other

Days flew by and the doctor-patient duo had gotten comfortable with each other. Vaanmathi has been doing much better these days and she deems that it was entirely because of her new doctor's company.

Not just her, everyone believes that it was due to Keshav. Meanwhile, Keshav was perplexed and did not accept or take in the appreciation he was earning. He hasn't done anything that effective to pacify his patient, well, apart from being with her till evening and lending her company. But If that had been the reason why Vaanmathi was doing fine, Keshav was pleased, nevertheless.

Yet, he couldn't console himself of her being entirely alright until the next full moon illuminated the earth. Only after that day, he could trust wholly his patient's convalescence.

On the other hand, though Vaanmathi's hallucinations and paranormal visions are reduced notably, the cruel pain she had to endure at night was overwhelming. Her body and eyes would burn like someone had set fire to her after caressing her with petrol.

Despite having to go through that excruciating pain all night, she did not communicate of those symptoms to her doctor, afraid that she would be diagnosed with something more horrible and had to undergo further medical treatments. She has already made up her mind to tolerate everything.

Even when on those specific torturous times, she badly had wanted to scream, she would bite onto the pillow, and muffle herself. She did not want anyone to know of this...

Her doctor, her parents, and the nurses working here were extremely happy that she had recovered moderately from her demons. She did not want to let them down.

She was confident this would go away eventually. And indeed, it would, but not before reforming her into something she would scarcely love to be.

There was just one week on the line for Vaanmathi to be altered by the witch dwelling in her.

"Doctor...when will I be discharged?" Vaanmathi grinned at her doctor. She was fine at the moment. Morning sun rays have always blessed her with comfort. "Hm...I'm not sure but you must have to stay here for the upcoming six days" Vaanmathi pouted sadly.

"But I'm alright doctor. Look!," she smiled brightly. Admittedly, her looks had grown normal that nobody would doubt her for a patient.

"No" Keshav retorted.

"Yes," Vaanmathi lifted her sleeve of the gown and flexed her arms. A small bump emerged on her biceps, eliciting Keshav to chuckle.

Needless to say, throughout the days, Keshav was well acquainted with her silliness. He found it cute.

"What's funny in that..." Vaanmathi huffed, pulling her sleeves down. "Your non-existent biceps I guess?" Keshav commented with a slight quirk of one of his eyebrows.

"I think you should check your eyes with that olalamo and put on spectacles doctor!" Vaanmathi suggested, mockingly.

And continued on account of gaining no response from Keshav other than a shake of his head. "Or better I could punch you! Then you could feel my strength.." Vaanmathi shifted across her bed, reaching toward her doctor.

"No violence Vaanmathi" Keshav warned, dismissing her charging upon him. "Heeeeyaa" Vaanmathi stuck her fist right onto Keshav's chin, but before the impact could happen, Keshav dodged it by wrapping his palm firmly around her fist.

"Huh! Next attack...here--ayoo" Vaanmathi, as she attempted to punch her doctor with her left fist, got startled when she slipped out of bed. Luckily, her fist was captured safely by Keshav who gave a cool look to Vaanmathi who was down on the floor.

"I can feel your strength very well," Keshav said with a straight face, sarcastically. "You!" Angered, Vaanmathi stomped her head onto Keshav's knee, causing her to witness stars flying around her head. She was chastising herself for attacking the wrong spot. Didn't know what the girl thought before implementing the aforeseen action.

"Well, at this rate, I'm not letting you go out of this asylum anytime soon." Recovering from star-seeing, she blinked her eyes up at her doctor.

"Ay...I'm sorry, please don't say that" Keshav acted unconcerned. "If you do that, then I will curse you be single all your life!" Keshav looked at her calmly. "That's a blessing" Vaanmathi whined at his not so bothered voice and words.

"Don't you have the wish to have kids? They are so cute you know..." Keshav thought for a moment. "I can adopt" Vaanmathi's lips parted open in shock.

"So...you are not going to marry? Too bad that I can't flex about your greatness to your wife..." Keshav narrowed his eyes at Vaanmathi.

"Anyways, leave my hands, let me sit up on the bed" on her request, Keshav freed her hands and Vaanmathi placed herself comfortably on the edge of the bed.

"Doctor...I have one question" Keshav nodded for her to go ahead. Enthusiasm fluttered in her smile, as she asked, "What will be your alternative choice would have been If not psychiatrist?" Her doctor didn't take time before replying.

"A police officer" Vaanmathi grinned.
"Aw... wait, I'm imagining yourself in police uniform...gosh, you look so...so....so..." Keshav waited eagerly for her to complete her sentence.

"Funny!!" Vaanmathi broke out into laughter, while Keshav looked rather annoyed. Actually, he was expecting her to compliment him.

Anyhow, he was pleased by the happiness radiating off her. He has fulfilled his promise of bringing the same smile back to her face that he had seen in the portrait of the bungalow.

.......................

How was it guys?❤️