𝚃𝙴𝙽

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅

If you aren't commenting, you are doing an excellent job in demotivating this author 😃

After having lunch, Keshav exited the asylum, not before having a glance at his patient though

After having lunch, Keshav exited the asylum, not before having a glance at his patient though. Vaanmathi was sleeping collectedly. Keshav was appeased that she hasn't undergone any obnoxious phantasm or dreams today...

Picking up speed, he raced his car towards his destination. Keshav, as soon as learning about Mithra, solicited Vaanmathi's father to share her details. And quicker as ever, Keshav was fed with all her biodata.

She was presently pursuing her career as a teacher in a nearby school after completing BSC physics. Keshav is now on his way to that school so that he could meet and confront her about Vaanmathi...

The ride seized precisely ten minutes as he finally obtained the school. The security allowed him in after he showcased his doctor id to him.

Upon reaching the veranda of the establishment, he intruded into the office room and approached the receptionist.

"I'm doctor Keshav, I wish to see Ms. Mithra--" before he could continue, the lady behind the desk proceeded to enunciate. "Are you her relative?" She narrowed her eyes doubtfully.

"No...she might have no idea about who I am, but just tell her I'm the friend of a girl named 'Vaanmathi" The lady was still skeptical of Keshav. Even when he revealed his id, she behaved as If Keshav was a terrorist.

Anyways, she approved of his requisition though.

She then confided him to wait and left her spot to notify some clerks to call Ms. Mithra. As she withdrew after doing the same, the lady asked Keshav to take a seat on the couch. He politely refused and declared it was fine.

The lady did not push him further and resumed doing her work.

Minutes later, an apprehensive and agitated Mithra penetrated into the office room. The moment she had heeded the name Vaanmathi, she could not stay sensible. Fear engulfed her at the mention of her name.

"You are Vaanmathi's friend?" Mithra queried Keshav, gaining his notoriety. He immediately took the hint of her nervousness.

Ignoring it, he implored, "Can we please converse outside..?" Mithra nodded, rendering Keshav to lead her out to the veranda.

"Well, I will get straight to the point...why did you leave Vaanmathi?" Mithra fiddled with her fingers and gulped. Keshav frowned at her anxiety.

"Why are you asking about that?" She retorted dubiously. "I'm her psychiatrist, are you aware of Vaanmathi's tragic state and her being in an asylum?" Mithra was not much shocked to heed that even though this was the first time she was getting to know that her ex-best friend is suffering in an asylum.

Because she had thought so... one-day Vaanmathi will end up there. She was not typical. Mithra was cognizant of it back then at their 10th standard itself.

"No..." Mithra trailed off. She seriously did not want to talk about Vaanmathi. It still gives her chills whenever she visioned the day that incident emerged. Mithra even got her temperature up the next day due to witnessing that side of Vaanmathi.

"Can we please end this conversation? I don't want to talk about Vaanmathi.." Mithra shook her head. Her reaction was logically impassive, but Keshav perceived the fright in her voice...

Why was she scared of Vaanmathi? He quizzed himself internally.

Mithra was about to depart but wavered as she listened to Keshav. "Any person would feel sympathetic for what Vaanmathi is going through right now. She is struggling to that extent. And to help her, I want to know the source...I want adequate information about her past to rescue her..." Mithra sunk in sorrow at Keshav's delicate assertions.

Although she feared Vaanmathi, she liked her more than that. And she deemed to tell whatever made her leave Vaanmathi.

"It was our tenth vacation time. Vaanmathi's parents threw a twilight party on account of their daughter turning fifteen. We were all basking in joy, everything was going too well until...." Mithra stopped as that terrible scene passed through her head. Meanwhile, Keshav clicked his pen recorder in his pocket to save her confessions, unknown to the informant Mithra.

"Until..?" Keshav demanded placidly. "We both were in her room that night and it was a full moon day, so we were just staring at it and speaking casually. Then I backed off and was going through her drawing book but Vaanmathi still stood there watching the moon. And even when I communicated to her, she did not respond to me...I was totally befuddled..." She paused again, inhaling a breath. Keshav was intently attending to her.

"I went towards her. Her body was burning up severely that even I could sense the heat. I was appalled and strived to call her. But her point of the vision was entirely on the sky. She did not turn to me and till this day, I wished she did not...the scene I saw when she tilted her face to me was dreadful...no..it was more than that..." She halted. She could not bring herself to say it out. Whereas, Keshav was now intrigued by her words.

"What did you see?" He composedly cajoled Mithra, whose pupils had broadened now in tension.

Mithra wetted her lips before looking into Keshav's eyes and blurting out the horrifying scene. "Her whole face had developed black slashes, her hair was sheer dusk that it shone and her eyes..." Mithra gulped, Keshav was stunned but stood concocted.

What was I actually dealing with? A mentally unstable patient or some unearthly being? Keshav's subconscious taunted. He wanted to disbelieve Mithra but her countenance and her manners while she is speaking displayed no sign of deception. She was indeed stating the truth...

.....................

How was it guys?♥️