22 || Deceit

|| 22.1 ||

Stepping across the spread of food, exchanging a glance with Jasper, Omar addressed Zaniha "Jasper and I'll get us cocktails, guard your cute one and will make you your favorite drink in return"

Catching those words, Mohana's attention steered from the baby seat to glance at Omar, her flustered fingers mapped the dress on her knee as a rush of memory tumbled through her head '..white moonflower is her favorite..'

The faint recollection of being with Omar Shaan, making a strange enquiry for Zaniha's favorite color and his care filled voice seeped her thoughts '..White. Because the white moonflower is her favorite, it stands for dreaming of love and the flower shines bright against the night sky..'

Rattled at the strangeness of such an event occurring, Mohana blinked in confusion, attempting to dig through her thoughts to recall their interaction, but only his words kept pricking her heart: dreaming of love

Checking on the carrier seat, lovingly caressing the baby's head Zaniha spoke to Mohana "You got around to watching Soren's new hit Desperation?". The diversion of Soren Rick came as a relief to her agitated heart. Getting engaged in discussing the latest chart buster, the young women further bonded, exchanging notes on the top movie star, gushing on an entire list of his performances.

Making their way to the other end of the room, both men spoke in low whispers discussing about the constitutional disorder that had ensued over the past few days. The political disagreement through reorganization of the underworld crime groups had resulted in a drastic uproar, causing commotion through various authoritative arms. Owing strong ties with the mob, Paul Pitar owner of Chanceys media house had jumped on the opportunity to sink his teeth deeper, further fastening his association with the criminal society.

The mayhem while much largely had been in the background for a commoner, it had reeled an interference along the power laden and affluent families. Jasper added with a sigh "..the only thing that has worked in your favor is you were with Cart who had you fly for hours beyond the zone when chaos hit here"

Flexing his fingers Omar considered "That's a major achievement right there. I think it would be key to set aside attorney-ness and implement my journalism genes to convince Zaniha. How would Sophista phrase this, editor-in-chief rescued by a knight in shining armor, who saves her from the mess of the underworld"

"Indeed. Some knight in shining armor, who then wakes her up to meet a nearly naked sales associate and proceeds to blackmail her for a pretend game of making babies with himself, which by the way has no one convinced" Jasper retorted, disrupting all hopefulness in the designer celebrity

Omar exclaimed in a hushed whisper of disappointment "Really?! It was that obvious?"

"You've missed the core point. Mohana would have been reveling in a heated glow and not succumbing to a phase of coldness if you had been trying for let's say all the many cute things with her. Simply put, the yinar is a demand for attention" Jasper highlighted the obviousness of it all, relaying the information with immense calmness

Contrary to the tranquility, Omar rushed to enquire "When she fainted in my arms, why did we ever consider giving her Vepaz if she wasn't expecting anything?"

"Vepaz expands the potency for Offeapa, we offered it to her essentially as backup if she wanted to amp her need for heat. An expecting host may also use it but the likelihood of either event has never occurred for as long as we have known" informing the insight on doses, Jasper glanced in the distance at Zaniha who was adoringly petting the baby

On this side of the room standing at the bar, out of the earshot of the women on the couches, nearly scowling Omar sought resolution "You knew there was no embryo, her body knew she wasn't expecting anything then why was I going through the entire torture?"