25 || Irrational Heart

|| 25.1 ||

Back from where? the impromptu question in her mind came with an equally spontaneous answer which Jojo had fumed at their deep dive coverage of Fashion Trend nearly a year ago '..all these playboy men want, are for those beautiful women to hop on their beds..'

Much similar to the Sarrata deep dive, Sophista readers had voted for a Fashion Trend issue for the prior year, where Omar Shaan had also bagged his third consecutive win at the Couture Catwalk. The residency overbooking concern at the famous fashion event had led Mohana to share a chief suite with the designer celebrity, where she had made sure to pick a bedroom farthest from him to steer clear of his room and any happenings associated with it.

The tumultuous reminder of his playboy ways, all the many beds in question, had Mohana blurt "I'm not sleeping on that bed! Because of all your. those.." she waved her hand in the air exclaiming the severity of the matter "..I don't share"

Glancing at the massive swing bed, then at Mohana, Omar smugly smiled "Unfortunately your highness, we only have one bedroom here"

"I can sleep on this.." increasing the distance between them, she determinedly sat on the cushioned chair "..this is great, am short, I can curl and relax comfortably here" confidently declaring she hugged her knees

Casually leaning against the dresser, he considerately shrugged "Fair enough, but what makes you think I wouldn't put a good armchair to use.."

"Because you can't. why would you?.." she hastily countered, attempting to dismiss the hurt erupting within, yet stiffly moving to the edge of the chair she argued her rationale "..this is too small, you can't even have two people sit here let alone have them do all of.." her hand waved in the air as if that could coherently fulfill the sentence

"If you would like for us to discuss the feasibility of how two people can do things besides sitting on that chair.." his claim had Mohana instantly spring from the seat and nervously step away "..I can help you gain some much needed insight"

"Of course not. Why would I want to talk to your.. those.. women for references, it's not like I haven't done all of that on chairs. but. this chair specifically is not large enough. for stuff. because. because I like bigger chairs. chairs like the one I have in my office. And anyways. it doesn't matter to me. If there's one room here, you should take it and I won't take a chair in that room anyhow. because it'll be right here. and we can't do this.." she gulped at the irony of her words, overtly aware of the injurious marks she had left on him "..I'll take. uh the couch. downstairs"

"The couch downstairs yeah.." he complacently challenged "..because you're certain I didn't bring anyone there? where two people could very easily sit, sleep after doing all of that and then some?"

Her hand quivered motioning towards the thick shield of curtains in utter disbelief, figuratively pointing to the lower level from behind the railing, heart turning painfully within "In the fireplace room? Down there?.. where we. you. me. but we had dinner there"

Approaching her Omar captured her hand "How about we play fair, we discuss where all these women have been and you tell me why you had tears in your eyes before our dinner"

"Just because I haven't graduated from law does not mean I would fall for your attorney tricks.." she tugged to free her hand from his warm encapsulation "..if you wanted to play fair we should be comparing your list of references with mine. but. I am not interested. And just so you know, nothing's worth my tears, something from the beach made my eyes water, that's all there is to it"

Twirling a tendril of her silken blonde hair, Omar smirked "You need to get better at negotiation. I got my clues but you didn't get yours. In case all the many men on your list forgot to show you how the game is won, keep all locations and surfaces in mind, mo stór. Choose wherever you want to sleep, I'll be back in sometime"