12 & || Very Darn Possessive

|| 12.3 ||

Gently ridding the last of the salty trails from her now glowing pink cheeks, Omar scooped Mohana in his arms "We'll eat something, get changed and then you have to rest"

Defying the rampant attentiveness of butterflies along his touch, her tear soaked long lashes swooped lower to focus on fidgeting a plush golden tassel on the saree, her whisper seeking a much needed assurance "Together?"

"Yeah, that's our agreement" Omar nonchalantly confirmed. Carrying her through the aircraft corridor, he walked them inside a bedroom with masculine undertones, where black tufted leather couch, accented cushions, lowered blinds sheathing the room in dim golden lights incorporated a stark odd sight of a pink plush throw at the foot of the bed.

The door faintly closed behind them as Omar sat Mohana on the large couch. Feeling the loss of his touch, getting gripped with the fear of being forgotten, uncertainty swirled furiously inside her tummy. Her lips formed a displeased pout for her heart yearned to get wrapped in his arms but the utter chaos of panic conflicted the raging shyness which bursted at his mere presence. Caving in to her nervousness she longingly glanced at his muscular forearms while he busily settled the plump cushions.

"Is your tummy still bothering you?" Omar checked, gently covering her shoulders with the pink throw

Admirably inhaling his fragrance, touching the soft knit to pick on a hazy similarity of the belonging, she reported of her frantic tummy on a shudder that shook her "Yah.." alongside blurting her thoughts aloud "..what is Zaniha's favorite color?"

Zaniha. The name struck a painful chord within but she seemed unsure of its relatedness or why it made her clutch hard on to the fuzzy blanket. The lag in connecting relevant information, missing threads of associated memories, she uneasily breathed, wanting to untangle why the particular reference pricked at her heart

"White.." Omar responded, getting her seat harness in place for take off "..because the white moonflower is her favorite, it stands for dreaming of love and the flower shines bright against the night sky"

A wistful tear rolled down her face, another following right after: the man of her dreams knew another woman's favorite color, her favorite flower and the meaning behind it

Omar rushed to engulf Mohana in his arms, stroking away the huge drops trailing on her cheeks, he urgently lifted the corner of her pink throw "Forget white, what about pink? we like pink, don't we?"

Mohana nervously shifted against the barrier of his strength, her bottled up distress bubbling at the feeling of his shielding protection. Despite her affection for the color, she relayed the contradicting agony that had been embedded within "Noh. I can't like anything. I don't have feelings. I am colorless. That's why my eyes are hollow. I am cold and sad. Nobody wants to be with me and I don't want to be with anyone"

Flipping her seat belt undone, Omar tugged Mohana securely closer to himself. Caressing her head ever so tenderly, his demand held a contrasting threatening edge to it "M'anam, who dared to tell you this?"

Her heart writhed in agony, the panic rendering her to shudder against him as she shook her head in denial "But? This? How would.. you..? You can't protect me. because she's vile, she'll hurt you like she hurt my dad, my mom. and then you'll never see me. What day is it?" she blinked in confusion unable to gather the lapse of judgement seeping through her

"We're flying, but back home, it'll be Friday" his hold eased on her petite frame, letting a blast of coolness encompass her again

Seeing him increase distance between them, gathering his rejection of her freezing body, Mohana attempted to cocoon herself pulling at the chunky throw which did nothing to guard her today "You will leave? now?"