08 || Our Entangled Fragrances

|| 08.1 ||

Breathing heavily she marched past the suite to reach the bedroom. Regretting the very decision to have withdrawn from an exchange with Omar Shaan in the hallway, she found herself ahead of the golden leaf embossed mirror.

Staring at her crimson face, Mohana rattled through her nervousness "Can't they give him another hotel? Or another floor at the very minimum? How am I supposed to prepare my bold-act if I don't even get time. More than half the time I am sleeping.." her words felt stuck in the throat for saying 'sleep' out loud, only to be reminded of his closeness

Her reflection shone back: dressed in his leather jacket, her beautiful golden hair sparkled against the black background. Covering her face in her palms she shrieked her realization "I stole his jacket!"

Bashful, Mohana threw herself on the bed at what she had done. Rambling against the mattress a flurry of distressed words escaped her "And he came to take it! But I didn't even let him talk. He must be cold but I left him out there! All alone! I have lost my mind"

Part of Mohana relished the warmth from the luxurious article of clothing radiating their entangled fragrances, while the other made her heart beat faster at the severe folly she had committed.

The buzz of the connect made Mohana half heartedly reach for the device mumbling "Hi"

"Miss Mohana, why don't you change, I'll get us a night cap and we can discuss the plan for the morning" Jojo suggested from the other side

"Yeah, sounds neat. Uhm Jojo? The people that were with us? in the flight? do you know where they are staying?" Mohana asked straightening on the bed

"Ethan said Dibella and her crew had checked in at the airport resort itself because they are flying back tomorrow. She is one wild creature! Every time we came to check on you, we were instructed that you were resting. And despite however much Ethan helped ensure all your meals were on track, she objected anyone else from entering your lounge"

"Ya Ethan's very nice and caring, um but what about let's say others from Shaan Designs?" Mohana pondered aloud

"Oh.." Jojo's voice hushed down to a whisper "..Indigo is right here! On my floor! but I ran away before anyone even got a chance to talk to me!.." Mohana threw her head back on the bed recalling her own 'running-away' from Indigo's boss

She heard Jojo add "..Omar's team is all in our hotel. From what Indigo explained to me on the flight, their meeting with Sarrata got preponed and that's why we ended up sharing the flight through the storm. Do you want me to check on Omar's room?"

"Noh no! Uh No! It's just that by error I picked a black jacket from my couch that I thought was uh mine? But then it occurred to me that I didn't even pack mine so it's likely someone else's but we can check with Salm, and his team can get it dry cleaned to return it to whoever" Mohana attempted to relay the information with as much sincerity as she hoped was in her heart. No matter how much she relished the article of clothing, her intent had not been to steal it from it's rightful owner.

"But that jacket was looking so good on you.." Jojo dreamily sighed "..it was like that scene from the movie Immense Force where Soren Rick covers his wife in his leather jacket to save her from the rain"

"Soren! Yes! That's such a romantic movie but I also need numbers on Soren Rick, I want to ensure his popularity for Sophista readers.." Mohana declared wanting to prove to Omar Shaan that everyone did indeed find the actor sexy "..When is he visiting Sophista offices?"

"After spring break Miss Mohana.." Jojo informed flipping through her digital screen "..The best part is he marries a journalist in his latest hit Desperation! and in real life you will get to do his exposé interview! I'll bring you the numbers with our updates"