17 || You and I

|| 17.1 ||

Grumbling a series of words under his breath he growled "There is no or! No matter how much credit you give yourself, none of that happened between us.." his eyes softened as he eased the palm from blocking her lips "..you were unwell, I was only with you"

His words emphatically pricked her heart '..no matter how much credit you give yourself, none of that happened between us..' . Holding back a sob, her heart wrenching anxiously within, Mohana managed to ask "Why was I in your tee then?"

Wrapping fingers along her nape, he soothed "We discussed about it and I helped you change from the saree, then we refreshed it again after some hours because your body was still under the influence of prescribed drugs. But we kept our eyes closed. Even when we took washroom breaks. Your body needed heat, I had promised to stay with you, there was nothing more to it"

The repetitive confirmation made her want to feel relieved but her heart badgered, searing in agony, extremely upset at the unraveling "And you're an expert at this.. this whole changing business, because of all those Peggys in your world who want to open your jeans button in return! But I am not like those bimbo fan of yours. I don't like doctors, if I did I would have gladly proven that I don't have any life breathing in my abdomen. In this case you'll just have to wait nine months"

His thumb ran along the column of her neck, the back and forth caresses making her gulp nervously "Nine?"

"I thought? Isn't it? Roughly nine or so?" she rattled off her knowledge, clueless as to how innocent she appeared holding onto her lower lip between her teeth

Tracing her jaw, Omar offhandedly shrugged wrapping his other arm along her waist, pulling her back in the circle of his arms "Sure, nine if we talk humankind numbers for reference but.."

"Humankind! You are one infuriating man. Why wouldn't I rather become a bear and pop out a grizzly baby in just seven months for it to hunt you down" Mohana shifted in his embrace, wanting her defiant butterflies to stop being in unity with his touch for once to side with her

Firming his grip, he huskily enquired "Because you like bears more than let's say humans?"

Not getting the desired reaction from the challenge she had issued, Mohana bubbled with annoyance "Anything more than you"

"Obviously, because I am not your kind of pineapple. But given the categorizations you have, what would you say is the deal with Chanceys, because there is this certain invite for celebrating Christmas with him in Dubai" the thunderous query, contradicted his playful action of skimming his palm along the ends of her blonde mane

Mohana opened her mouth then shut it close. Regardless of however often she was rumored to have affairs with the many men, her heart specifically raced at the implication of his words. She bit hard on her lower lip to prevent tears of hurt from rolling, desperately consoling her writhing heart once over again, for nothing mattered beyond her own hard work, despite shuddering at his judgement from within.

If her dream man relied on the misinformation publicized by various networks, media outlets and the gossip columns of Chanceys, to conclude she had slept with Paul Pitar and was carrying his child, so be it. Holding on to her self esteem, pulling her facade of indifference, she refused to offer any clarification "Last you reminded me, I have two semesters to wrap before I graduate from law school. Until then there is nothing to discuss"

Mohana spun around wanting to leave but her recovering body swayed with the hasty move. Capturing hold of her wrist, Omar fluently balanced the delicate woman, tugging her body to clash against his. Barely squeaking an "Aw" in surprise she found herself gazing into pitch dark spheres, how she yearned for them to belong to her warm fluffy Polo and for all this to be a dream, she could wake up from.