23 || Proper Process

|| 23.1 ||

On the tufted settee rested a golden garment bag in accompaniment to a huge box decked in similar luxurious shine. Atop them Mohana noticed were adhered same digital cards which read 'From: Jojo'. Muddled through days and times owing to her unwell state, unsure of all that had transpired, her personal assistant's name reminded Mohana of her commitment to attend the Avacho's carnival event.

She ran haphazard fingers through her hair at the missing blocks in her memory. Fuzzy recollections of being at Sarrata, then waking up in one of the beds of the designer celebrity, bubbled a lot of unanswered questions though only one coherent thought rapidly badgered: her boastful claim to Omar after his exposé interview "..Can't wait to see you again, we should definitely get together at Avacho's carnival.."

Despite of however much Mohana sought seeing the mighty Omar Shaan through these functionary social events, she always wished for being invisible. Albeit none was ever made possible due to their last names Shaan and Sood alphabetically keeping them assigned on the same tables, if not besides each other.

Through her facade of formalness, refuting lure of his glittering eyes and despite pretending indifference to his stardom, just the mere presence of Omar Shaan in her proximity left Mohana with a swiveling ruckus within. To add to it, the series of women hanging on his arms, made her heart seethe, getting nervous and becoming a tumbling mess around him.

She rolled her eyes for walking right into her own doom. Having embraced the bold-act partially the night of his exposé and aiming to ace it by the weekend had given her some hope to tackle his overwhelming presence, but the jumble of time and events from his cover shoot until this day had crushed all her plans.

Running fingers on the digital tag which read her personal assistant's name, Mohana murmured to herself "Jojo, you've no idea how much I've missed you"

Easing the lid, Mohana uncovered a set of immaculate pink lace lingerie, besides which smaller golden bags held a variety of makeup and hair items, decadent bottles of fragrances and paired alongside was an exceptionally delicate pink velvet case. Her favorite camilla flower inscribed with a tiny infinity sign on the case, opened to display a set of dangling diamond earrings. Surprised at the beautiful jewelry, Mohana glanced back at the box lid to re-read the digital note, flipping it back and forth to confirm the package was indeed delivered from her personal assistant.

Unzipping the cloth bag, Mohana unbelievably looked at the magnificent article of clothing that stared back at her. A strapless pink gown embellished with patterns of intricate golden thread and embedded with a slew of bright stones which appeared to shine like diamonds. The pair of strappy tall golden stiletto heels complimented the dress and were elaborately decked with similar shining jewels.

Hooking her lace bra, tying the bows on matching panties, Mohana slipped into the extravagant dress pondering aloud "And here I thought I had to wear jeans for the carnival event, instead of this.." running a precarious hand over her dress she wondered "..why does this look so fairy tale like and.." but halting herself from defining the jumble of feelings she quickly detoured "Jojo, I'll call you after the event tonight, I have to tell you all about Jehan, he's the most lovable cutest baby and his dad's like the most handsomest guy ever"

Zipping her dress, Mohana bent sideways to wrap the thin straps of her heels. Buckling them she ran praises of Jasper, planning on all the points she wanted to share with her assistant "..he'll be our favorite pineapple man, none of the guys out there can compete him, he's like Sir Gallaghair category altogether.."

The dress curved along her contours shaping her frame desirably, the pink color enhancing the blush on her face, thin strapped heels making her gain inches to her nearly five and a half feet. Glancing at her wavy golden hair, Mohana ran through the accessory bag to fish for blonde barrettes, but after an unyielding search she picked a pointy sectioning clip from the hair drier toolset and twirling it inwards secured her hair in a french knot.