24 || Stay Here

|| 24.1 ||

Attempting to curb her reactions to his luring touch she nervously rattled off her concerns "Yah. hm. you're strategic. very. it would be a waste to see my dad against you, but to what is pertinent for you, is there any likelihood to get me confused with someone else or should we think your move gets combined with the whole making cute babies story?"

His fingers along her nape fastened inching her firmly nearer "We are together. There is no whole making of cute babies happening here. I need us focussed"

Mohana nearly rolled her eyes at his misguided expectations, for one she wasn't able to focus on anything, sitting on the lap of the most handsome man had hindered her thought process to nil. But raking a shaky breath she attempted an assurance "You don't have to worry about it. I am not completely averse to my reality. It's amply clear even if you wouldn't have said that you found me despicable"

"What?! What reality? Who told you I said that?" his growl vibrated through her heaving breasts

His lips appeared so close, she ached to have them crash onto hers, so much for attempting to focus. Nervously wetting her lips she waved her hand in the air "It was when. when we were.. in your closet? It's anyways obvious"

"Obvious? Me? You and I? In our closet? I couldn't have possibly said anything to make this so obvious for you" he sneered, his deep black eyes hinting no sparkle making her heart dip to the pit of her stomach

Leaning away to introduce distance between them, Mohana repeated word for word, the entire dialogue that had been searing her heart "No matter how much credit you give yourself, none of that happened between us, did you want to make it more obvious that that?"

Omar smashed the dainty woman to himself growling "I said that.."

"Of course. Can we get back to what's important now?" interrupting him she dismissed any further discussion on a topic that would only further shred her heart

Firming his hold on her Omar cupped her face "M'anam, we are exactly at what's important. Why do you have everything memorized, list of those twenty one, these words, all the garble but not what matters"

"You could've considered it might be important to me.." she croaked despite not wanting to break down, but collecting herself, gripping hard on her dress Mohana forced a smile "..It's like one of those things, I like making the most of because I have a decent memory and it comes handy"

"Really?" his voice held a challenge and despite the frenzy he was causing, her butterflies swooned at the handsome designer

While her twisting heart ached with a desperation to launch her long held grievance, she sternly reminded herself the man ahead was Omar Shaan, a celebrity superstar, aiming to win a crush, that wasn't her "Ya. Am a journalist. Like how I remember that it's simply unimaginable for someone so exquisite and dazzling to ever exist. True to your word, your Zaniha is immaculate"

Omar smugly offered further insight "My exact words were that she is married to one of my closest friends and is the most adorable mom.."

"Yes, brilliant, you have an even better recollection.." hastily interjecting him, she affirmed her partnership "..now can we get back to why we're here and plan on your winning strategy"

Tenderly circling her temple, his fingers secured around her nape tilting her face for their eyes to meet "I'm going to regret all the time I've lost and I can't wait a breath more because am zapped out of everything. This entire thing needs to be sorted and you should know, Zaniha.."