xv. an heir to the jedi

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

xv.

an heir to the jedi

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

•••

*a couple of days later*

"Well well," Rex said. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"It's good to see you Rex," Ahsoka said, leaning her back against the wall and crossing her arms. "Who are these guys?"

"You know Gregor," Rex started. "And that's Wrecker. He's a clone, but he's genetically modified to have enhanced senses, like the rest of his squad."

"Nice to meet you Wrecker."

"Who's that?" Wrecker asked Rex.

"That's Ahsoka Tano, former Jedi," Rex responded, putting an emphasis on former.

"Are there any others?" Ahsoka asked.

"Yes. There's Tech, but like I said he's in the other room. They will be here shortly. I hope. They've gone to rescue Lux Bonteri."

"Lux Bonteri?" Ahsoka stuttered.

"He was taken to Wasskah because he was accused of taking part in rebel activity."

"Wasskah?! Why Wasskah?!"

"Oh, I forgot to update you on the status of Wasskah. The empire took control over Wasskah, and turned the island where the Trandoshan hunting guild once resided into a secret base to take suspected rebels and force sensitive people. Really what it is a death sentence for anyone against the empire and its motives. That's where Omega was taken as well."

"Omega?"

"A female clone. A pure clone. One of two."

"May I meet her?"

"Tech, how's Omega doing?"

"She's doing fine at the moment. The treatment is helping her regain a little strength, but her body is already starting to resist it."

"I didn't ask for a whole report. Can Ahsoka meet her, yes or no?"

"Oh, that's fine."

"Lux Bonteri? Helping a supposed rebel effort?"

"You're as confused as I am."

"I thought he'd probably align himself with the empire, if he wasn't dead. I'm impressed. Shocked, but impressed."

"We'll, let's not give him too much credit. You don't know the events that lead up to his decision."

"That's true."

"Even though he and his rebel squadron on Onderon did the republic a great service during the war, I still don't trust him completely. Because of his separatist past, it might've been easy for him to side with the empire in the beginning, even if he has had a change of belief."

"You're almost always right, Rex, but I highly doubt your instincts this time."

"Don't trust yours so easily."

•••

"We made it. We made it back to Bracca."

"We might as well start calling this home."

"This is Bracca?" Lux said, with a face of disgust. "It's a junkyard."

"I swear if you complain one more time-"