Family Dinner

At some point all 8 boys promised to each other that they would all sit down and eat dinner once a month. It could be at a restaurant or at someone's apartment/house. They just made sure to catch up every now and then.

This month they all agreed to meet at Minho's moms house. Everyone was in charge of bring  something. Like the drinks or snacks. Jisung was of course in charge of the dessert. 

On the day of the gathering, Minho woke up around 3 pm to text a reminder to everyone knowing they'll forget. He started cooking the main dish with his mom. Quality time like this was something Minho cherished, his mom was his biggest supporter throughout everything.

"Mom, I'll finish the rest go get ready." Minho took the spoon from his moms hand and tried to shoo her away.

"But-"

"Mom, your friends are on their way, go get ready. I'll be okay." Minho smiled at his mom trying to reassure her

"Fine." Ms Lee left the kitchen and walked back after 30 min. She was dressed a little more fancy. She was stunning as usual.

"Wow mom, you look amazing.." Minho leaned against the kitchen corner. He smiled when he noticed his moms gummy smile. It was always beautiful to see his mom happy.

"Okay, well son you know how to work the oven and stove. Call me if anything happens and tell the boys I said 'hi'" Ms lee walked up to her son and kissed him goodbye.

"Bye mom, be safe." Minho walked his mom out and made sure she left safely. He walked back in and finished up on the meal.

On the other hand, jisung was having a breakdown. He was trying to make fruit salad but he didn't have any measuring cups so everything was by eye. He's was afraid it was too sweet.

"Mom, can you come try this please." Jisung mom had been siting down in the living room watching the news.

"Jisung, I don't like sweets." She simply said.

"Please mom, just one spoon. I need to know if it needs more of something." Jisung grabbed a spoon full of his dessert and brought it to his mom. She was hesitant at first but opened her mouth.

The next couple of moments hurt jisung. His mother got up and spit out the spoonful. "Jisung, that's too sweet. Not everyone had a sweet tooth like you. Just go buy cheesecake like you always do."

Jisung just stood there and watched as his mom threw away the rest of the bowl. He didn't even get to try it.

"Here, take my card and buy something at the store."
She stuck out her card to her son waiting for him to grab it. "Jisung here."

Jisung just shook his head. " it's okay. I'll use my own card, I got paid this week. Thank you though."

"Son, I know you're mad but just take my card. You're already late."

Jisung looked up at the microwave. "Shit." Jisung just ignored the card again and left. He made sure to stop by the nearest corner store to buy any of their favorite sweets. He felt so bad though, he promised himself to make something this time.

Back at Minhos everyone was waiting for a certain squirrel to arrive in order to start eating.

"Min, did you text him?" Chan was helping pass out the plates. He was starting to get worried as well.

"Yeah he said-"

The door quickly opened and in walked jisung whose hair was a mess but still looked cute. " I'm so sorry. I lost track of time and I was trying to make fruit salad but it was too sweet. I didn't even try any but my mom threw it away. It was probably bad anyway, so I stopped at the convenience store to buy something sweet. I'm so sorry.."