The Girl in the Forest (1/4)

Finally the day of the Final Selection arrived, after a few annoying (but long) months of training in sword and hammer fighting ( the Stone Hashira being kind enough to train her with his weapons) and Water and Earth breaths (which honestly she learned in a very short time).

As the dynamic trio were arriving at the test location Gojo decided to have a little chat with the two men.

"So, can you guys explain to me again why in particular I am being escorted by two guard puppies?"

"You are terrible at following directions and wouldn't be able to get here or back on your own"

"I wanted to escort you and wish you good luck on your exam and I also wanted to see the possible new demon slayers" this answer made the girl look in his direction for a while.

'And since when can he see?' she reflects with a flat look as she stares at the tall brunette.

And then the stone pillar turns his head towards her "What happened?" this makes her look away quickly.

"Nothing."

___________________________

"I need to...climb ALL of that?" comments the woman categorically as she points to the flight of stairs that led to the top where the pre-trial meeting and explanation would take place "Like, I'm just asking if there isn't an elevator or something"

"What's an elevator?" comes Tomioka's question.

"Yes, you will have to go up and unfortunately I'm afraid we can't accompany you any further from that point on" there again were the older man's male tears as he held the rosary in his hands tighter "I wish you good luck in your test child, may the spirits guide you and help you in this challenge"

'He who cries and I who is the kid? Really?' " 'Ok, I know I will win, after all I want a mansion just like yours" she comments casually with a wink at the end.

"Himejima is right, good luck and be careful, among the various demons trapped on this mountain there is one oni in particular that is very old and resists so act very cautiously" and then Giyu unexpectedly pulls her into a clumsy hug "Take care" he whispers softly in her ear as he pulls away and pulls himself together.

The white haired girl gives a playful pout at the brunette's quick move but turns to the taller man and hugs him gently as Gyomei returns the hug.

"As the exam lasts a week we will be staying at an estate run by a family saved from the demons who have agreed to take us in. When the Final Selection is over we will be here waiting for you" the Water Hashira comments as he prepares to leave.

"Okeidokei captain" pulling away from the bear hug with the titan she also starts to head for the stairs but is stopped by Himejima's voice.

"Y/N, before you go do you have any nichirin weapons with you?"

"No, but I-"

"Take it" the man in haori half in half turns towards her and unties his sword from his robes and throws it towards the woman who catches it with ease "Give it back to me later"

"Oh okay, bye boys. Later we''ll have some udons to celebrate, no excuses" Stepping onto the first step of the stairs she gives one last wave to them and in a matter of seconds she vanishes into thin air to be found at the top of the stairs and disappearing from the field of vision of the angle where the men were standing.

After a few minutes of silence between the two pillars the older man speaks up "How does she do that?"

"I don't know"