The Girl in The Forest (3/4)

The reality shock only hit the white haired woman when she hears the thud of the poor boy's body hitting a nearby tree and that's when she notices that unconsciously her body has moved to be in the same area as them.

And then her eyes meet those of that demon and she feels her breathing and heartbeat quicken, noticing this the mutant demon starts laughing louder.

"Looks like I have another little girl to delight me, even though you are not a disciple of Urokodaki you have the scent of a marechi. Oh what a lucky day today! Fufufu" with strides he begins to approach the young woman.

As if the word 'disciple' was a trigger Y/N squeezes much harder her nichirin weapon that still remained sheathed while breathing more audibly, blinking hard she was about to step forward when she hears a familiar voice in her head.

"Calm down Y/N, your breathing is out of control, just try to stay calm, pick up Tanjiro and get out of here, the safety of you two is more important"

'...He's right' taking a long sigh Gojo starts to match her breathing as she glares at the still unconscious young boy then turns her gaze back to the oni and quickly examines it. 'But unfortunately—' imbuing positive energy into the weapon she breaks forward and with a precise slash cuts off two of the arms coming towards her which are quickly pulverized '—I never liked following others orders'.

Not showing any importance to the demon's scream of pain and hate when seeing its arm not regenerating Y/N continues cutting and blocking any new attacks the monster throws in her direction.

Yes she could have headed exclusively for its neck by now and ended the whole thing right then and there. But everything inside her was begging to continue just like that to cause it as much pain and humiliation as possible while a mere sheathed katana overflowing with cursed energy did so much damage.

'He talked about a little girl who was dismembered by him' for a second her eyes twitch as she feels her heartbeat begin to speed up again 'I WILL make you feel a thousand times her pai' as she lets this new feeling take over the blue-eyed woman makes the mistake of moving too far away from Tanjiro leaving him at the mercy of danger.

Taking advantage of this opening the oni throws several arms in his direction.

"If I can't kill you now impertinent little girl, then I will kill this Urokodaki brat!"

'Giyu...Sabito was your friend, wasn't he?'

Holding the blade in one hand she uses it like a spear.

'Then I will avenge him for you'

And into it she puts all her emotions in the form of cursed energy as she aims at that oni's arms.

'And I PROMISE to protect this boy'

And that's when Gojo notices the contraction of Tanjiro's body and in the last millisecond changes her aim to the arms protecting the demon's neck and as predicted the boy with a scar on his forehead reacts by dodging and cutting the arms coming towards him while trying to create distance from his enemy.

Her attack directed at the oni's neck was successful since her main intention was to destroy the barrier of arms that surrounded it, with her sword going straight into the trunk of a tree Y/N didn't waste any time in acting.