This girl, unlucky (1/2)

Gojo wasn't exactly tired, or at least not physically exhausted, but psychologically yes.

The girl was on her second and last day at the Kyoto Jujutsu Tech School, and as much as seeing old faces — among them a Nanami who showed up at school only to complain about not wanting to participate in the Sister-School Goodwill Event, a Yoshinobu who stared at her as if she were one of the horsemen of the apocalypse and a Mei Mei who hunted her down for hours to remind her of her debts to her — and fooling around with the kids brought her momentary joy, but there was only one nemesis that brought her misfortune at that moment: Megumi Fushiguro.

No matter how much she tried to interact with the little boy, nothing had any effect. What about offering him candy and other foods? He would hardly take a piece and then turn around and leave. Trying to talk? He just ignored her. Invite him to train together with other kiddos? He would just cast a silent glance at the other child and leave the place without blinking. Altogether all her attempts ended in failure.

With no other choices left and seeing that it was approaching noon, she decided to try to relax...seeking refuge in annoying her sweet friend, Utahime.

____________________

When she sat down at the kitchen countertop, it doesn't take long for Gojo to hear Utahime's complaints about her 'unhygienic' ways in the kitchen as the brunette went about rampantly preparing dishes for lunch, Kyoto was hosting the championship event of the two sister schools so it was obvious that her colleague wanted to prepare every dish possible.

As she watched every tiny action of the older woman, her bored mind went to another place. Y/N was sure they were not on good terms — damn, she doubted she was on good terms with any of her acquaintances after her little escapade — and it was noticeable by the way her friend seemed to try to walk on eggshells with some attitudes and frankly everyone around her also seemed to follow the same course, something that irritated her.

It was like a little itch that was impossible to reach and heal, memories of a time that Y/N wanted to forget, of when everyone tried to offer her a gentle smile to hide their real thoughts and emotions.

"Gojo"

Y/N hears Iori's voice speak, but in the deep state of reflection her voice was nothing more than muffled murmurs in the background.

Gojo. A last name she carried as a sign of danger. It was funny to think that one day the white haired woman ventured to consult a tarologist — superstitions and fortune telling were never her thing but there was always a first time — and this lady told her something similar to what she had heard as a child from a shaman of the Zen'in clan.

______________________

"The false grandeur that people surround you with and your pride will lead you down a path of broken illusions. Hiding your emotions and feelings behind your title hardly will do anything good for you, Gojo."

"[...] and then there is the Wheel of Fortune turned down and The Hanged Man, young Gojo. You will go through beginnings and endings of stressful cycles, however not all of them will be bittersweet but...your internal emotional imbalance will be your downfall."

______________________

'Hiding myself?... Behind facades?... Who do they think I am?!'

The more she thought about the words of the tarologist and the shaman, the more they made no sense.