The Extreme Circumstances

© 2016 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

~

  How deep is your love?
Is it like nirvana?
Hit me harder, again  

~

The party was only a few hours away, and I was doing to best to avoid Molly, otherwise she'd persuade me to dip into a dress and never let me take it off until after the party. Part one of avoiding her involved me forcing myself awake to attend my morning college classes. It was a pain, but it was worth it.

I could hardly stay awake in class, my head slipping from its perch on my palm.

"Faye," the person next to me, who I came to know as Michael, nudged me with his elbow. "Pay attention. You can't afford to fail this class- you've been a no show all semester, I'm surprised the professor hasn't tossed you out of the class after 3 consecutive absences, much less over ten."

I rubbed my tired eyes, blinking through bleary filters. "I have a 5.0 GPA, I'll be fine."

That's the answer I gave everyone who was concerned about my grades with all the college classes I skipped. Philosophy was the only one I didn't skip, only because it fascinated me so much.

I had no Philosophy class today, which had me sprinting to my dorm room before Molly walked in unexpectedly (she knew the Dean of Engineering and was able to get me into NYU on a free ride if I maintained my high GPA)

Fortunately, Molly wasn't there.

But a certain someone was observing my door art.

"Dios mio." I wheezed, straightening up after I had hunched over to drag in much-needed air. "Beau?"

He spun around, his dark brown flop of hair as shiny and sleek as ever. His sea green eyes sparkled against his tan skin. "Faye, holy hell- you scared the shit out of me."

I winced when I laughed, my sides hurting from running to my dorm room. "It's good to see you-"

He drew me into a hug, swishing me side to side when he lifted me up. "Damn right it is. How've you survived without me? I was half expecting you to be dead on the kitchen floor with ramen and coke coming out of your nose."

I almost snorted as I opened my dorm room. "I can function perfectly fine with you-"

Jazz and Draver were inside, sitting leisurely on the leather sofa.

I froze, slamming the door shut. Beau frowned, "What is it?"

Pressing my back against the door, I thought of a legitimate excuse, one that even Beau couldn't make his way around.

"I left my bloody pad on the floor!" I blurted out, hoping he would react as I wanted him to.

His nose scrunched up, just like it did when he came around pickles. "You could've left the bloody part out, you know?"

I gave him a tight-lipped smile. "Just give me a minute."

Entering my dorm room and closing the door behind me, I was met with the stone-faced twins, both clearly annoyed as they stood painfully close to me.

"What. Are. You. Doing?" I hissed, hoping they couldn't hear my erratic heartbeat that was brought on at the sight of them.

They both ignored me, Draver pulling me to him.

Jazz came up behind, curling his fist in my hair, tugging my head back until I met his eyes. "Why is he here?"

I scowled and struggled against their alluring pull- their insane intensity that drove me wild. "If you've been keeping tabs on me, then you know why he's here. Beau is my best friend, of course he'd come to my birthday party."