The Deserted Oasis

© 2018 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.  

~

  I loved you so much then I thought

Someday that you could changeBut all you brought me was a heart full of pain  

~

An hour later of exhausting ourselves in the bathroom in every way we could without having sex, we were dressed and ready to go.

"Oliver?" I called out.

The owl was on the balcony. He swooped down and brush his beak against my nose, a gentle crooning noise coming from his chest.

I scratched his head. "I'll be fine. I can handle things with them."

He hooted before flying down into my largest jacket pocket where I kept Athena's notebook. I lifted up the dark green jacket shrugged it on. I double checked that all my gifts were in their respective pockets before opening the door to face Jasper and Draver who were in the kitchen looking at the map once more.

"We need to talk." I said quietly.

They both perked up, turning to look at me. They began to walk over to the couch where I was sitting and tying up my combat boots. I shook my head before they could approach any closer.

"This is better said from a distance." I cleared my throat, standing up. "This thing between us? It's over."

Both of their eyes turned gold immediately.

"No." Draver growled. "Did you not hear me? You belong to us-"

"-and you don't belong to me." I finished, crossing my arms. "You've got your unfair, unjust punishment on me with justification of recreating the same situation I apparently put you two in. But that was wrong. Because you two flirting it up at a bar with girls you've never met isn't even remotely close to what I went through. Yes- I was with two guys and gone for two weeks, which by the way felt like an hour. But I wasn't flirting. I was trying to fix myself. My only regret was not letting you guys know. And even if I did, and none of this ever happened, this decision to end things would be bound to occur sooner or later. As always, you two choose each other. I can't even blame you at this point. You're still stuck in that world of you two versus the world- and I refuse to be on your side just until it's convenient for you."

Jasper moved forward, clear on forgoing my need to keep them away until I was done. Without a second thought, I shocked him. He flinched, jerking back while looking at his arm.

"Let. Me. Finish." I said slowly. "This arrangement between us will be better off as a simple friendship. No overprotective shit going on that will interfere in us saving the other Valkyries and going against Loki."

Both of the looked torn.

I smiled sadly. "Besides, we're not mates or anything. We're not destined to be together."

The twin's eyes flashed silver this time, an occurrence that threw me off since silver was a trait of Lycans.

"We told you that doesn't matter. Mate or not, we still love you." Draver insisted. "And yes, maybe we did go to far- okay we did- but that doesn't mean that we should end things. It may be over for you, but it'll never be over for us."

I crossed my arms pointedly. "But it is. You're not werewolves. There's no law saying that you have the right to take me once I'm of age. Instead, you're Odin's wolves."