The Living Conditions

© 2016 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

~

  I've been looking for a reason
To have you in my arms
Where you wanna be
Never had a woman so good
Glad to have you right where you wanna be  

~

The aching hangover plus the intense sensation of being in a furnace ruffled me awake. My bleary eyes blinked open, my view blurred like a foggy glass before my natural windshield wipers cleared the scene before me.  

Pushing past my headache, I tried to take in my surroundings. My left arm, now asleep, was masked by a blob of black fur.

Two silver orbs with narrowed slits flashed amongst the mass of black fur. A soft snarl was let loose and I found out why my arm was asleep when the animal's head raised and the rest of my arm was revealed.

Shuffling on my left was golden wolf, with eyes of glinting knives. The sharp gaze stole my breath as the creature maneuvered from it's position curled around me, the head now plopping on my thigh above sheets as it looked upon me with lazy eyes.

I took me a while to grasp what was going on. After getting over the initial shock that these two huge wolves were in bed with me, I realized the amount of fur I would have to clean up once I kicked them out.

Before I could go on into a rampage, the sound of drums beating begged for my attention. I turned only to see the horrifying sight of Draver, his body mangled and twisted as fur, claws, and teeth were retreating beneath the guise of human skin. There were no drums beating, it was his bones breaking, muffled beneath his skin. I only saw a flash before Jazz's furry flank brushed across my face, blocking me from the view.

Draver's arms cradled me from behind and I was able to finally breathe.

"I'm sorry you had to see that so early in the morning. Jazz and I sleep in our wolf forms, I didn't expect you to wake up this early." he sounded almost guilty.

I wanted to speak, but talking with morning breath around werewolves with a heightened sense of smell didn't seem like the best idea.

Moving out of his comforting embrace, I headed to the bathroom in the master bedroom (which was elegantly designed to my taste). A green toothbrush was in the toothbrush holder attached to the wide mirror above the sink. I was guessing that Jazz and Draver's were the black and white ones, and I was proven right when they both walked in and snatched up their toothbrushes. We sat in comfortable silence, watching each other as we scrubbed our teeth with spearmint flavor toothpaste. I tried my best to discreetly drink them in. 

Jazz had a shirt, a white v-neck (What was up with them and v-necks?) and loose gray boxers. His shirt was worn out, frayed at the edges and stretched at the collar. It was strange to see him in something other than immaculate clothing. Jazz was the type of person to make sure everything was in its place and nothing was unkempt. Seeing him in his home wear, so worn in, made me feel closer to him.

Draver on the other hand- this man had no mercy on my eyes. He had no shirt on so his muscles rippled like dancing flames every time he angled his arm differently to brush his teeth. I especially liked when he brushed on the right side, because his arm tightened and I could see his muscles flexing. Not to mention he had no pants on. And it wasn't like he wore loose boxers like Jazz- no he wore tight fitting boxers that had me look away in embarrassment since he caught me looking. 

Jazz's front pressed into my back on the right at the same did Draver's did on my left as they both spit into the sink.  

I stepped back, watching them gargle water, making that itself look absolutely beautiful. If I gargled water I sounded like a baby bird choking on regurgitated food.