The Cursed Reincarnation

© 2016 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

~

  To get a dream of life again
A little of vision of the start and the end
But all the choirs in my head sang no  

~

Katya sat opposite me, setting her food. I seemed to have lost my appetite for mine, now knowing that the Moon Goddess actually killed me.

"I don't understand," I muttered, "Why would she create me just to kill me?"

"She never meant to." Katya slid her chair over to make room for Stark, Lorena, and Ramon. "The Moon Goddess is just conflicted. She's been playing these games for millennia. She's also the Goddess of the Hunt, and she enjoys playing with her prey. Originally that used to be them, but with the anger pent up over Erebus, over time it turned to you. She didn't want you to be together with them, not when she herself couldn't find a guy to love after the one lover she almost broke her maiden vow to be with had betrayed her."

Draver scoffed, the silver in his eyes glinted sharply. "Oh so that makes it okay for Faye to get killed now and then- ripped apart by the Moon Goddess' wolves, or hit by a bus and left on the brink of death?"

Jazz lips were pressed in a thin line, the only sign he was reigning in his anger, but at the same time he kept an eye on Stark. He then addressed Draver, "Have care of how you speak to our Luna."

Stark narrowed his eyes towards Draver. "Do not raise your voice at my mate. She's just expressing what the Moon Goddess thinks, they're not her own thoughts."

Lorena eased the tension just as quickly as Stark and Draver started their edgy looks. "Now what was it that you came here to speak to Katya and Stark about? We can talk about it as we dig in, hurry and eat."

Jazz interrupted Draver before he could start a passive-aggressive conversation. "Faye wants to know why we're mates with her. Not just the two of us being tied to her, but why we're tied to her kind- a human. I myself have never heard of destined mates with a human. Usually mates are among Lycans and werewolf pairs, you're the only exception that defies that- a Lycan and Royal."

Katya took a forkful of moussaka, keeping a watchful eye on Lux as she swam about behind us, before answering Jazz's query. "First off- and this is my opinion, not the Moon Goddess's- I don't think Faye is human. The Moon Goddess doesn't like humans, and she wouldn't ask Prometheus to make a new human even if her life depended on it. I think Faye's something special, perhaps a new gen like myself. I started the chain of Royals with mates. That was something that Erebus saw in me, and that chain continues with Lux; I already know she's going to have a mate despite being a Royal. Faye might be like that as well. Not a human with Lycans, but a new species with Lycans. But one thing is for sure- you, Draver, and Faye are destined to be together. The moon phases tell me that there are more taxing circumstances that you'll face to get there, but I don't think it's anything as daunting as Stark and I went through to be together."

I soaked in her words, noticing how sad she sounded at the end. "Will one of us...die?"

She paused, her eyes flickering to Jazz and Draver, before pursing her lips. "That all depends on the Moonlight you have."

I glanced down at my neck, where the coffin of silver metal twisted and turned from liquid to solid. "The Moon Goddess, she said that it was a poison or a cure depending on how I wanted it to be."

Stark took over the conversation.

"The Moon Goddess gave me a necklace to present Katya when she was upset at me- it was exactly like that. After the war was over, Katya used the Moonlight as a cure to heal me."