The Death God

© 2017 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.    

~  

Keep on dreaming, don't stop giving, fight those demons

Sell your soul, not your whole self  

~

"Thanatos, actually." The death god tilted his head to the side. "I'm here to retrieve your soul Faye. You've evaded me long enough."

Flame encircled Thanatos as he took a step forward. Draver growled low, his muscles tense. "Don't come near her. Why do you look like Alric Killian?"

The black haired man raised a black scythe, the metal of the blade glowing. "I appear different to many people- I appear as a figure most associated with death. To you two, it is the Lycan Alric Killian, the one with the affinity to raise the dead."

Thanatos looked at me, his eyes narrowing. "You, however, do not see me thoroughly."

I stepped back, summoning my javelin as it materialized in front of me. "Step back."

The man had long black hair that fell to his waist. It looked soft and feminine, a contrast against his sharp and angle features (save for his high cheekbones).

Thanatos' not-so silver eyes threw me off. They seemed multi-chromatic, almost drawing me in.

"You cannot trust anyone." he stepped forward, but Draver's flames rose higher.

Thanatos scowled. "Tell your wolves to stand down."

I shook my head. "No way in hell I'd do that. You're trying to kill me. You just killed Heimdallr."

The scowl deepened. "That was not Heimdallr."

With a wave of his hand over the dead gatekeeper's face, the features of Heimdallr morphed.

"A Fury?" Jasper lunged back, a snarl twisting his lips.

Thanatos sighed. "Hades is coming after you. Not me. You're cheating death,Faye, but I'm not the one who has issues with it. Hades wants you. He sent a Fury, a creature that hunts down those who break the natural order of the afterlife to come after you. It makes him look bad that you've been able to reincarnate. I've been helping Artemis sneak you around to be reincarnated, but Hades had no idea- not until recently. Which is why I'm here. Faye, You're valuable to Loki, and Hades is intent on going through with his deal."

Draver's flames whisked away. "How do we know that you aren't in league with him."

A perfect brow arched. "I just killed a valued member of the Underworld. What do you think?"

Draver clenched his jaw but didn't say anything else. I filled in for him.

"If you're not with Hades and Loki, then why did you stay that you're here to retrieve my soul?"

Thanatos tested the waters by coming closer. "Your soul needs to be purified. I can do that by placing you in the river of forgetfulness. The Lethe river can remove memory, but with Hypnos and I manipulating it- the river will restore your memory. Completely. I know you've been having issues- your fighting skills are a tad bit slow and your wings are off balance. I can solve that for you. Just try to avoid contact with Odin. Artemis and I have a feeling that he is hiding something important, and that something is buried in your mind. I watched over you when you died in the Underworld. I know that when Odin laid his lips to your forehead, he unlocked parts of your memories. Don't you find it strange that you only remember facts, but not feelings?"