The 14 Gifts

© 2016 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

~

  Blue jeans, white shirt
Walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn
It was like James Dean, for sure
You so fresh to death and sick as ca-cancer  

~

"Wait, why are you here? Aren't there more important things for a goddess to do besides attending a mortal's birthday party?" I whispered fiercely.

She laughed- the same sound of a sprinkling stream over pebbles- before stepping back. "I came to give you a gift. I created you to tame the twins; you are the only mate that I've ever reincarnated. However, this will be your last reincarnation." she held a closed fist over my open palms that I didn't even realized had stretched out to receive her gift.

A cold, biting metal fell into my hands. I glanced down to see a long and thin necklace with a glass box that looked like it was shaped as a coffin. What intrigued me was the swishing silver inside, constantly changing forms from solid to liquid.

Jazz and Draver grabbed either ends of the necklace, fastening it around my neck. The cold pendant laid between my breasts.

"That is Moonlight- a precious metal that can be harvested by only me. Use it in moments of need- there is only one dose. I've altered the properties to your future needs; it can be a poison, or a cure, depending on what you truly want it to be." The Moon Goddess smiled, flicking her curtain of long dark hair back. "Happy birthday Faye McAllistair. Enjoy this year to the fullest, for you'll never be 21 again."

With that, she turned abruptly, her white dress spinning along with her until she vanished.

I whistled, "Well, thanks for the great gift...I guess."

Jazz released a deep breath before muttering: "That was unnerving."

Draver stepped in front of me, cupping my cheeks to tilt my head up. He looked as if he was examining me. "Are you alright? Do you feel sick?"

I jerked my face from his hands. "I'm fine. What did she mean by reincarnation?"

Draver's brows furrowed and he shoved his hands into his pockets, straightening his shoulders. "It's nothing you need to be concerned about, it's our problem."

Hearing those words from him created a hairline fracture in my chest.

"Ah? Is that so?" I could already the hurt spreading through the cracks of my composure. "So now I'm a problem?"

Jazz's eyes hardened and he spun me around to face him. His silver eyes glinted like deadly gun metal. "Do not twist his words around to fit your needs."

And there it was. The thing that they always did: choose each other over me, whether they were right or wrong. It made me wonder about whether or not they cared about me as equally as they did about each other. Every time they felt attacked by me they would band together and go back to their mindset of them two versus the world.

I ripped my wrist from Jazz's hold. "Then don't crash my party unannounced." I shoved my way past Draver and around the curtains, heading back to Beau and Leila.

An arm hooked around mine just as I was in the middle of the dance floor. I scowled and spun around, fully prepared to give those twins a piece of my mind. Instead it was Molly.

"Where were you? Did you have some cake? It's absolutely fantastic, sweet pea."

I sagged my shoulders and followed her to the towering cake. She sliced me a hefty piece and I properly stuffed my mouth with it while I explained what happened, excluding the Moon Goddess. My mind was still reeling about what she said- me being reincarnated?