Sehun

I felt so numb. My skin prickled from being tied too long. I want to be carried, by someone...anyone. I want to sleep.

"Beat them to their deaths, they will tell the truth at some point."

The little crack between my two lids witnessed something that it understood nothing about. I wanted to groan, but that would have brought hell on all of us.

But I mustered the courage to hum. I have no idea, what he may have thought, but I was let to speak. And I knew what I wanted.

"Sleep..." I mumbled.

The monster's eyes fell upon me. But I wasn't afraid. I have always been fascinated by danger. I loved to put my hand in the lion's mouth and count his teeth. It was no different. I was as if a firebender, effortlessly.

"Huh?" He leaned in close. His Caramel eyes dull and boring. None, I bet none would be intimidated by him. But he thinks he is scary enough, like a kid who has put on his monster mask.

I knew he heard me, then why did he want to hear it twice?

"Sleep."

"You want to sleep?"

"Yes."

I registered in my mind what could happen next. He is the master, reigning over wherever we were. At his behest, his retainers would torment me, leaving countless wounds, some of which I won't even be aware of until they comes in contact with water or spice. The monster would snigger on my face, ridicule me. He would think, I'm just one of his or maybe among his next victims. So ordinary, that he might not even remember he once persecuted or maybe killed, such an insignificant boy.

Strange! Nothing even close happened. He untied the ropes himself, only mine.

They were amused. I wasn't. I've already mentioned, I'm a firebender. Things like these just adds to my pride.

"I'm taking him with me. Take care of the others."

He carried me, my right hand draped over his shoulder, rigidly held by his left. With his head under my right armpit and his other hand wrapping my knee, he rode the stairs.

I didn't want to look at his face.

The monster didn't stumble once in his way upstairs. It nearly felt like he was extra careful, he didn't want to hurt me.

Or maybe people like him are all built like that, I was only being delusional.

A room surfaced, and before I could contemplate, I was put down. It was soft, too soft. I could have melted away in the sheets. There was this fragrance that made me go wild, leaving me crave for more.

"Sleep," the monster told me to sleep.

"Why did you listen to me?"

If I keep on lying, will you keep on believing me?