𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 37

-•☆•-

-Previously-

"I'm taking it with me. I'm cold!"

Being in love could be painful, Wooshik knew, if he wasn't sure that the love was mirrored the same way in the one he loved— but one thing that he never was prepared for or known to was just this. 

Their love came from fear. 

Wooshik's words were swept away when the familiar sight reached his eyes— Minhyuk and Sehun being together, holding hands with each other, or letting themselves be involved in couple activities were nothing new after all. Only love could wound so deep, cut to the very core. 

Unrequited love was one thing, but gainsaying what was long craved after, seemed Wooshik's own paradoxes per se. 

"I might never mean anything to you more than a villain," he might never be remembered in his individuality, Wooshik thought. He was not prepared in the least for his reversal of fortune; lest he never wanted to learn the truth about not only being prepared for the negative aspects of life, in view of the fact that positive is not always equal to pleasant. 

His love did not break him, none broke him, he himself did— grief came in waves, gruelling. The moments of quietness that Wooshik braved through when Sehun had digressed to Minhyuk would surpass any adversity the man had withstood erstwhile.

In those fewer mute minutes intersected bereavement, choking the breath from Wooshik's body; he numbly watched Sehun dimming in that dark, rainy night. 

Wooshik had adhered an unflattering watch upon Sehun, holding the barbed wire safety, then for quite a while— the tines weren't any joke. Owing to its old age, the safety bulwark was too sharp, sharp to make the most rugged hands soak with blood; just as how a stream of blood kept gushing through his, daubing the concrete beneath his feet in red. 

The night could have been very, very different…

-

"I'm sorry, something might have came up. Uh-" Daeseong felt like an amateur when it came to lying through an excuse, "Juliah, you know, right??" He dampened his throat, agitated, shaking his legs voluntarily. 

"It must have been something really important," Juli-ah stood over her guest as she propped a chair, "But why do you look so down, Daeseong?" She placed the man on what she had just acquired, "Make yourself comfortable first."

"You don't kn-" Daeseong tightened his lips, authenticating the discretion about everything hemming them in, he dropped the octave and picked up where he left of,

"You know Juli-ah, what have we not done for this objective? Captain had asked all of us to reinstate June-Way to its viable economy, we did. Captain asked us to weigh up the camera footages gathered from June-Way, we did. Then Captain needed us to compensate for the damages we brought upon June-Way, we did that too. 

We made blueprints, we sketched the map of the particular area, I updated the timelines, and in fact as you partook in the caravan ceremony, we arranged and disarrayed for it too. Banishing all evidence and everything unwonted were on us too, all while keeping records of each one's payment and hired goons, hired actors, all those.

At the very end, he filtered suspects, and Captain is the one who is bumming now."

When Daeseong turned to their inviter, Julia-ah put her thumb in her mouth and nodded,

"But is that all you are worried or disappointed about, though?" She sat more flattened, "I mean, you look like you are looking for someone."

Daeseong gave the woman a crooked smile, 

"That's…that's not true." He glanced at his empty hands, prospects running at the back of the boy's head, 

"I just miss my phone."

"Huh??" Juli-ah's lips thinned.

-

The air was an anxious swirl of drops, wind freed gravity. Rain be-speckled gems upon Sehun's skin brought his beauty into every clearer definition— Minhyuk wanted both to and not to stare at his younger, at the same time. That rain had lost the ambient temperature of early fall, freezing and paling Sehun's skin upon contact. 

The path they both walked through was muddy water in motion, which filled deep puddles that hid the ruts of dryer weather. Their umbrella had been on the verge of being picked apart by that barbaric breeze, calm but upset. 

Minhyuk, pouring all his might, did not pass the umbrella to be flying away, holding it on top of Sehun's head, withal he himself couldn't savour its service. 

Tracing the brown head's tramp of marching feet, when June-Way cropped up before Sehun and Minhyuk, it was nothing but empty. 

Belief was long abandoned by Sehun, from the time when his mother had gone missing, with no clue left behind. But when the paramount despair set in, Sehun found yet another reason to hold fast to a certainty that it was worth seeking the light, even though he had never seen it— only to be disappointed in the full course of time. 

The deepest despair won in fashioning the strongest of believers like Sehun. He only yearned to know one thing— Why?

Sehun could not forsook the haze from his eyes, standing before that grey roller shutter, harbouring Wooshik's black overcoat, but in his deep-seated needs brought in a whim Sehun abjectly wanted Minhyuk to comfort him, console him— Minhyuk did. 

"Minnie…" words were fished improperly. 

There was an absurd tranquillity in Minhyuk's eyes, his touch, 

"I know that my presence now might feel irritating, rather annoying to you. But please, hear me out…"

"Minnie!" Sehun slowed down and locked eyes with his elder's, "I never thought any such thing!! Your presence was never annoying to me, they are…peaceful. Why would you-"

Minhyuk in the midst of Sehun's phrase, covered his mouth, 

"But if you still trust me then, come with me. Come with me, wherever I will take you." 

-•☆•-