𝓔𝓹𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓭𝓮 1

𝙔𝙐𝙂𝙀𝙉

-•☆•-

"A bunch of morons!" He laughed to himself. His reflection itself could have wavered by his stare, such was his ferocity.

"Trap my ass!!! I can feel my skin crawl thinking about how imprudent my minions must be appearing to those bartenders!!! Fuck, fuck fuck!!!" 

Almost! He almost reached for the pack of cigarettes again. It was not his, but it lay there, careworn. It might be one of his minion's. 

"Goddammit!" 

"Minhyuk?? Are you on the line??"

He shook his head in aggravation. "Yes sir. But do you really believe in this idiotic plan is going to work out for real?" Minhyuk clenched his shirt across chest, and the pain almost began to ripple. It happened every time he would be disappointed in someone or something. 

"Your thoughts are not far fetched, Minhyuk, they are currently driven by dignity. As my most trusted assistant, is this the ideal behavior that I should expect from you? You're thinking about your image right now and not of the disaster that has been avoided, or the consequences that might follow," the man on the other side abruptly hung up a while after he had made clear what he wanted to convey.

Minhyuk let fall of his device, it hit against the China mosaic.

"This is all just an inutile game I'm forced to partake in. I want to run away." 

Minhyuk tossed the pack of cigarettes out of his window. 

In all honesty, Minhyuk was worn out of this life, of his life. If he didn't have rents and major debts to pay off or if his peers didn't blackmail him into the heaven of evils, he would never have made his own life so damn pathetic. 

He strode to the ground floor, leisurely enough to delude anyone into believing he was only attending a family supper, and not that he was going to attend to his hostages. 

"Sir is here. Sir, sir this way. We have held them capt-"

"Shh," Minhyuk waved to gesture them to leave, "Daeseong, follow me. And give me a brief account of the evening."

"As you please Minhyuk," Daeseong followed Minhyuk, head bowed down, while the others took their leave in silence. 

Minhyuk knew what he needed to command. It was his script, with some changes in lines with each passing day, it was all the very same. 

"Abuse them. Torment them. Hurt them. Harm them."

He didn't feel like saying it every single day, just some pointless instructions. Yet, his minions would not do a thing if he didn't give them the same, known orders. They liked to be controlled by him, because at the end if there was an inconvenience, then it would all be upon him. They can be as irresponsible as they want. 

Minhyuk recited his dialogue, to beat the hostages up to their death so that they would speak of the truth. Maybe some of them didn't have any idea why they were held captive in the first place. They didn't know that one of those goons' hirelings disappeared after he was last seen at their bar, and Minhyuk's superior strongly believes one of the bartenders was behind it. Leading them to their fate. 

Minhyuk stood in the room passively, his work was over. Daeseong summarized the event in the form of an anecdote. 

Daeseong knew Minhyuk wasn't listening. But he has grown accustomed to it by now. Out of mere respect, or fear, or an emotion undescribed he blabbered everyday only because he was compelled to. 

It has been quite some minutes now as Minhyuk and Daeseong were both hearing someone hum. Minhyuk's eyes were adhered to the boy who made such a noise. He waited for the instance when the dupe would meet his frigid eyes and either beg to let him go or bar his teeth in a feral protest. 

Their stares did meet but Minhyuk couldn't fathom out what was writ large on the boy's face. 

Though the boy's stare was short-lived, Minhyuk couldn't bring himself to relocate the gaze he brought upon. He appeared like an infant beholding his treasured topography that he has only seen in sketchbooks or in between frames so far. 

"Min- Minhyuk? Do you want information on that one?" 

Daeseong has never in his nine years of career, have once seen Minhyuk look at someone the way he was looking at that boy.

"Min? Is something wrong?"

Minhyuk squatted, his chafed hands reaching to undo the gag. He badly wanted to prey on those ailing cheeks, but all he did was to untie a knot. 

"Sleep…"

"Huh?"

"Sleep."

"You want to sleep?" 

Tremendously mellow!! Everything was so abstract. The cacophony of a gangster's words would be the reason to stir fear, not his clemency. 

But here Daeseong was, feeling chills run through him as he never has heard Minhyuk talk to anyone in that manner. 

The boy panted, 

"Yes."

-•☆•-

𝙔𝙐𝙂𝙀𝙉
(𝙣.) 𝘼 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙, 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙚𝙥, 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙚.