Minimal Loss

Hotch's POV
It was early Monday morning and you were in the office starting paperwork. Emily was the second to arrive like always.

She was the newest addition to the team. She has been working with your team for about two years now and as much as she tried you could tell that she still felt like an outsider. She tended to overcompensate by always coming into work early and leaving late. She is very closed off and mysterious in a way. She loves her job and is very good at it too although she wouldn't believe it if you told her. There's something different about her that made her special. You couldn't quiet point out what it was but you really think she is a great asset to the team.

It was an early Monday morning when you get a call about a suspicious report sent to 911 about a forced marriage. They were looking for two agents to go undercover and pose as child service in Colorado. You look up from your desk and look out your office window and see Prentiss and Reid.

They both would fit the part so you stand up and call them into your office. They walk up and both take a seat. "I was just on the phone to the Colorado police and they need two agents to go undercover and pose as child service. I was wondering if you both were up for the part?" you ask as they look at eachother. "Um yes of course" Prentiss says immediately. "Reid?" you ask as he goes "yes" "good get your go bags ready, jet leaves in 15 minutes and you can get debriefed there. I will have you meet with Ms. Lunde and she can fill you in on the rest." You say as they both head out. They both leave 10 minutes later and you continued on with your cases.

It was a quiet day in the office when JJ storms out of her office. "Morgan" she says as she turns on the tv which was playing the live news of the Colorado Case. Morgan shouts "Hotch" as you and Rossi quickly walk out and watch the TV. "The TV. Prentiss and Reid" he says. The tv says that everyone was trapped inside. All of your phones suddenly start ringing. "All right, that means we are the lead with hostage rescue and support, Let's go!" you say before getting the team ready.

You flew to Colorado and started to study the cult leader Benjamin Cyrus on the plane. Once you land, you quickly drive to the Liberty Church Ranch where Reid and Prentiss were being held captive. It was located in the middle of nowhere as you were surrounded by desert and mountains. You appoint Rossi as lead negotiator.

The Attorney General of the State came marching in acting like he owned the place. You immediately sent him off the crime scene to stop yourself from having to deal with him. We then go in the tent and discuss strategy on how to get them out.

You finally get Cyrus on the phone. When Rossi asked about the three child service workers he tells you that one is dead. You could feel your heart pounding out of your chest. Rossi asks for their name to inform the family to which he responds Nancy Lunde. Your fears instantly washed away as you visibly relaxed. Rossi agrees to bring supplies for Cyrus. Cyrus told everyone that they had just drank poison but Rossi told you to stand down the men. You and Rossi debated a bit but ultimately let him win which was the right call because the cups were actually not filled with poison.

The media discovered that there was an FBI agent in the building. As Cyrus still had access to the news, that put Reid and Prentiss in a lot of danger. The media only thought it was one person however. Cyrus soon came in with a gun to try and figure out who is the mole. He figured out it was either Reid or Prentiss, they both acted confused but that didn't stop him. When Reid asks why he thought that, Cyrus pulled the gun up to Reid's face and was about to shoot when Prentiss told Cyrus that it was actually her.

He grabs her by the hair and drags her into another room. He started beating her up. You couldn't listen it was getting to be too much. You wanted to go in so badly and save her. Rossi told you not to and you knew he was correct but it was still killing you. You then hear her say "I can take it" she was telling you that she was okay and to not come in but Cyrus thought that she was talking to him as he continued to beat her up.