Food Shopping

Aaron had just gotten back from the case at around 5. You had stayed in the office to finish going through some files. Most of the team had left as soon as they touched down. A few came back up to the office to grab their things. Penelope had left soon after Hotch told her that they were on the jet. You decided to stay behind.

Aaron was wrong. You should've done some work while on bed rest because this stack is crazy high. You split the files into multiple stacks as you hoped to get through the first one tonight.

Aaron was in his office finishing something. You told him to take his time and he told you the same. You were working like crazy not even realising how much time had passed. God you missed coffee.

You were just finishing your last file when you heard the door open. You look up to see Aaron walking out of his office. You glance at your watch as the time reads 7:30. You went back to your file wanting to finish it before going back home. As you were re-reading the ME's report, you felt two arms wrapping around your waist and Aaron's lips hit your cheek. You smile as he whispers in your ear "that file can wait till tomorrow".

You really wanted to finish it tonight but hearing him whisper that, made you realize just how tired you were. You close your file and store it in your drawer before picking up your coat and putting it on. Aaron grabbed your bag as he took your hand and walked to the elevator.

Once you got into the elevator, his hands were placed on your two cheeks as he pulled you in for a kiss. You were both smiling as the elevator came to a stop. Another Agent from the fourth floor stepped in as you and Aaron separated. You finally make your way to the parking lot as you wish the other agent a goodnight before walking back to Aaron's car. You hop in as he starts driving you home. You felt your eyelids droop as you gave in and slept in the car.

You felt the car come to a stop as you opened your eyes to see that you were parked outside of Wegmans. "What are we doing–?" you started asking before you got cut off. "We are going food shopping" he says as he reads the confused expression all over your face.

"You are not having take out again, you've apparently scared Garcia into only getting you takeout" he says as you roll your eyes. "She was terrified of even suggesting a salad again and I couldn't tell her to or else you would have fought with me on the phone. She still feels really bad about it." he says as you started feeling guilty.

"Now I know you are still mad at me for forcing you to eat healthier but at this point you've had takeaway for every meal, 5 meals a day, 7 days this week. This is also getting expensive and you have to save up for the baby" he says as you sigh knowing he's right.

"Plus it would be good for the baby to eat something actually homemade for once" he said with a goofy grin. You couldn't help but smile at his goofy grin. The serious conversation that had made the air thick was now quickly gone. You loved how easily he was able to just switch the mood by just smiling.

"You can stay in the car if you want, I know how tired you are-" Aaron starts before you cut him in, "I've been sitting all day, I could use a good walk, stretch my legs, and make sure you don't buy anything too healthy" you say with a cheeky grin. Aaron just rolls his eyes but you knew that a tiny part of him found it funny.

You both hopped out of the car as Aaron grabbed a bunch of shopping bags from the trunk. You both made your way inside. Not even two steps in and Aaron took your hand. Your hands break apart as you grab a basket. Aaron looks at you and nods his head no. You look at him confused as you grab a cart instead where he smiles. You couldn't help roll your eyes as he pulls you in for a side hug and kisses your head. You walk into the store and immediately hit the vegetables.

You try walking past them when Aaron stops you. You groan as Aaron slowly went through each and every vegetable examining them all before putting them in the cart. "Aaron-" you start by whining before Aaron gives you his serious look. You hated that look but also secretly found it very sexy. But for the most part you hated how he could shut people up without even having to say anything. Although you would agree that it is very impressive. You wondered if the baby was going to develop that look.