Meeting Jack

Aaron's POV
You were going to introduce Jack to Emily. He's already met her a bunch of times but always just as daddy's work colleague never your girlfriend. You were excited but you knew Emily was nervous. You planned on inviting her over to dinner at 5. Jack was coming over at 12. Haley already was aware that you were going to introduce him to Emily. You told her about the situation last night on the phone.

She wasn't too happy but she accepted. You hadn't told her that Emily was pregnant yet because that would have been overwhelming. It has also been enough time since you both got divorced to look for someone else. Realistically you both knew it was coming but you never imagined it to have been you to be the one to move on first.

You hear the doorbell ring as you open the door. Jack runs and holds onto your leg. "Hi daddy" he says as you pick him up. "Hi Jack" you say as you give him a kiss. "You ready to say bye to mommy?" You ask as you let him down. "Bye bye mommy" he says as she kneels down and gives him a hug. "Bye Jack" she says as she smiles. He then quickly takes off his jacket as he gives it to you. "See you on Sunday" she says as you wave goodbye. You quickly hang it up as he takes off his shoes.

"So Jack what do you want to do today?" you ask as he smiles. "Play" he says as you run to his playroom. He runs to his blocks as he dumps the box out before he starts adding blocks on top of each other.

"Hey Jack" you said. As he looks up at you. "You remember Emily from my work?" You ask as he nods. "We'll I was thinking of inviting her over for dinner if that's okay with you" you say as he nods. "Can we get pizza?" Jack asks as you laugh. "Yes we can get pizza" you say as he continues to play with his blocks.

You played blocks with him for another thirty minutes before you check the time. "Alright Jack it's time for your nap" you say as he nods. You help him clean up his toys before you force him to go to the bathroom. " daddy Christmas" Jack yells as he notices you changed his superhero sheets to Christmas ones. He picks a Christmas book out and starts reading it before he falls asleep. He naps for about an hour as you open the newspaper and start reading.

Jack runs into the kitchen awake again. You get him some yoghurt in his squeeze patch as he starts eating it. "Hey Jack do you want to go to the playground first?" You ask as he jumps up. "Alright Jack let's go. Don't forget your coat". Jack runs to the door as he gets his boots back on. It takes him a while to do it but Jack is big on doing things himself right now. You then pass him a warm coat as well as a hat and scarf. It was very cold out apparently so you grabbed a coat as well before you walk to the local playground.

Jack starts playing as you followed him around. From pushing him on the swings to helping him with the monkey bars. Jack was having the time of his life but after an hour, he was getting tired.

You both make it home and were both cold. "Okay Jack why don't you get ready for a bath and then after we can make hot chocolate" you say as he runs to the bathroom. You chuckle as you run in after him. You fill up the bath as Jack goes to the bathroom first. You made sure the water was nice and cold before Jack stripped and hopped in. You cleaned Jacks body while he played with his bath toys. Once you finished, you let him hang out in the bath for a bit before he got chilly.

Jack hops out as you wrap him in a warm towel before you carry him to his room. "Hey Jack, what if we started decorating for Christmas?" you ask as he starts jumping up and down all excited. You laugh before you find his pull up and get him into his pyjamas.

You text Emily and let her know that you and Jack have started decorating the house for Christmas and to be warned. You get the Christmas box out as you go to the fireplace before playing your Christmas tunes. You grab out the garland and place it on the fireplace before grabbing the stockings. "Jack what letter is on the stocking?" You ask "A" he shouts before you show him the other one "J" he shouts as you hang them up. "And Jack what does the J stand for?" you ask. "Jack" he shouts with a smile.