Baby shopping

Aaron's POV
You and Emily had the day off. After a long and rough case you decided to go baby shopping to take your minds off of it. Missing children have always been very tough for everyone. Now that you and Emily were 2 months away from having your own and how quickly Emily's relationship with Jack had grown, Emily found it especially hard.

You woke up at 8 before making Emily breakfast. Oatmeal with an assortment of berries. Emily wakes up and she happily starts eating her breakfast after you help her out of bed. You get into your clothes as Emily gets into hers. She has recently switched to dresses or skirts as pants became too annoying now. Emily looked gorgeous.

"You ready to go?" you ask as she nods before she takes her handbag and you take your wallet and leave. Emily slowly waddles to the car as you follow behind her.

You and Emily had both agreed on keeping the baby in your room for the first couple of months. Knowing that you would be up almost all night, it would be better to have the baby's crib right next to the bed. So that when the baby finally got back to sleep you would get back to bed quicker.

You decided to just look at baby items because Penelope was throwing Emily a surprise baby shower and she said that you needed a registry.

You first drove into Pottery Barn kids as you got your scanner from the associates. Emily looked at you oddly. "We should do this and hit a bunch of stores before we decide to order them. So we pick the best option rather than the first one we liked" you say as she nods her head.

You start walking around Pottery Barn as you look at a bunch of dressers with changing tables on top. Emily liked the look of them as she started scanning a bunch of white ones. You then start looking at cribs and bassinets. Emily thought that it was a waste of money as she skipped over them and looked at the cribs. Emily kept skipping over the other cribs unless they were white.

You then move onto the bedding before Emily starts admiring the pink bedding. "We could paint her room pink to match the bedding once she is able to sleep in her own room" Emily says as neutral as possible as she tries to hide the excitement in her voice. You then start looking at mattresses. You didn't really care about the mattress that much as Emily started scanning a bunch of different options.

You then move on from the bedding as you see car seats. "Why don't we get one of those two in ones so we always have it on us" Emily says. "That's a great idea" you said as you pull her in and kiss the top of her head. You saw one of the employees come up to you with a smile. "Do you need any help?" she asks as you smile. "No we are good thank you" you say. "First time?" she asks as Emily nods. "When are you due?" She then asks. "July" Emily responds as she smiles. "Oh a summer baby that so exciting" as you both smiled. "Do you know the gender yet?" she asks. "A girl" Emily responds as she smiles. "Oh that's so cute, I have two boys of my own but I've always wanted a girl" she says as you smile.

"Well if you need me just let me know. We have an arrangement of pink nursing pillows" she says as she leaves. You both walk to the next section and see a bunch of nursing pillows. Emily starts feeling a bunch of them as she nods her head either yes or no depending on whether or not she liked the fabric. You scanned the ones she liked before you move to play area.

You see a bunch of play gyms. "Jack didn't start using one these until he was 2 months old" you said as Emily nods. You then move onto the next section as you look at baby carriers. You looked at the black, white, and pink ones. Emily didn't feel comfortable wearing the ones that you wrap on yourself.

You then look at diaper bags and picked out the biggest ones that looked the most durable. You could see that Emily looked exhausted. "Why don't we go and grab something to eat?" You ask as she nods. Seeing as you had a bunch of items already selected. You kindly said goodbye to the employee before you both leave and walk to the Starbucks next doors. You ordered yourself a coffee while Emily ordered a sausage egg and cheese sandwich with some kind of refresher. You knew that she really wanted a coffee though.