Telling Jack

Aaron's POV
You returned back from the case when you receive an emails from Strauss. HR wants to see you now. The jet finally lands as everyone exists. Emily looked so relieved to be going home. "Hey Em, HR wants to see us now" you said as she takes a deep breathe.

You go back to the BAU as you make it to the first floor. You walk down until you reach HRs section. You walk to the employee relationship section in HR before waiting outside some chairs. You see a man come out as he shakes hands with you and Emily. "Hi, you must be Agents Hotchner and Prentiss" he asks as you nod. "Yes" you say as he leads the way to his office. "Follow me" he says as you both walk into his office.

It was a small room as you both took a seat while he opened up a file. "So I see that you want to start a relationship. Since you know the BAU is highly against fraternisation between two employees let alone a supervisor and subordinate. What makes your relationship so special that we can't fire you?" He quickly changed his tone as Emily takes her fingernails and starts playing with them. Nobody would be able to tell that she was nervous unless you knew her really well.

"Well, although the bau is highly against it, there are some exceptions to which they have allowed it in the last. A few years ago, they interviewed all of the employees colleagues and after they all agreed that they were comfortable with their relationship, they were able to keep their jobs and neither of them had to move" you say as he nods, slightly impressed.

"I see you've been reading up on this" he says with a smile. "Why yes, I feel that both work and Agent Prentiss are very important to me and I wanted to make sure that it was allowed to happen" you say as he nods. "I see and is there any particular reason that you too are so sure that you will stay together. Because if you break up, that will lead to a lot of drama and paperwork" he says as you nod. "Yes, we understand it. But I have no intentions of breaking up with Prentiss" you start by saying as you look at Emily.

"And well I'm pregnant and Agent Hotchner is the father" she says as you take her hand. "Well, until the team has gone through some investigation on the comfortability with this relationship, you are to be grounded until further notice." He says as you nod. "I'll let Strauss know and see you both soon" he says as you both nod before walking out.

You both head to the car as you receive a text from Haley saying that she was going to drop Jack at your house at 10.

Emily's bump was finally visible and you knew that you should start telling people. You told Haley a few weeks ago and she was happy for you and she told you to tell Jack soon because he was asking her for a brother. You were excited to tell Jack that Emily was pregnant. Jack and Emily were always close but ever since you started dating, they became inseperable.

Haley was dropping Jack over to your place in an hour and Emily was cleaning the place while you sat on the couch and read the newspaper. Emily was clearly stressing and with her pregnancy hormones being all over the place, you decided to stay well away from her. Emily jumped in the shower and started shaving. You get up off the couch and made yourself a coffee.

Emily gets out of the shower and you hop in. She re-brushes her teeth before getting into leggings and one of your t-shirts. You quickly get into some jeans and a polo shirt. Just as you finish getting ready, the doorbell rings. You quickly walk out and open it as Emily had to go to the bathroom and pee for the 100th time today. Jack comes in and Haley waves goodbye. You pick up Jack and bring him to the couch. Emily then walks out. "Hey Jack" she says as Jack turns to look at her. "Emily" he says as she gives him a big hug.

"Hey Jack, I heard you were asking mommy about getting a younger brother or sister" you start by saying as he looks at you and nods. "Well what if Emily gave you a baby brother or sister?" you ask as he gasps. "Are you excited to be a big brother?" Emily asks as he smiles and nods. "Where is the baby?" he asks. "They are in my belly" she says as he looks confused. "Do you want to see?" she asks as he nods. Emily pulls up her shirt so that her stomach is showing. He looks amazed and very interested.