Adjusting

Aaron's POV
The past two weeks have been the longest two weeks of your life. You were up all night and asleep half the day. You didn't remember it being this hard with Jack.

You haven't left the house unless it was to go food shopping or taking Amy to the doctors. Jack has dropped by and hung out with Amy a few times. You and Haley agreed that it would be best if Jack stopped staying the night until Amy's sleep schedule improved. You were kind of sad about this but you knew that Amy would keep him up all night and it would just be cruel to mess up his sleep schedule.

The first few days Emily was too excited to go to sleep but then on the fourth day Emily's emotions were all over the place. She was beyond exhausted and couldn't stop crying but didn't know why.

Amy refused to be put down and would start crying. This meant that Emily was up all day and all night. When Jack first came to the house to visit Amy, he held her the whole time with your help while Emily took a nap. Amy seemed to love Jack as much as Jack loved Amy. Jack was amazed by her.

He apparently told his whole class about her and he brought the picture of him holding Amy in the hospital for his show and tell. He was the most popular kid in preschool according to his teacher.

You knew that this was hard on Haley but at the same time you knew that she was grateful that Jack stopped asking for a baby brother. Whenever Amy started crying, Jack looked sad. When you told him that she cries all the time he looked concerned. "All the time?" he asks as you chuckle. You tried explaining to him that it's the only way she knows how to communicate but Jack didn't understand why she couldn't do it quieter.

You found it funny and Jack was more than happy to leave knowing that he was going to see her soon.

Amy didn't poop the first twenty-four hours that you brought her home. Emily was freaking out but Amy's new doctor, Dr. Thompson, assured you that this was normal and that soon enough she will be a pooping machine.

Ali recommended Dr. Thompson to you as he is apparently the best paediatrician. He also apparently has a flexible schedule if needed as Ali mentioned your work schedule. Apparently Will always brings Henry to his doctors appointments as JJ often misses them due to work.

He seemed really nice and before you knew it she was pooping like crazy. Apparently it's normal for babies to poop this much when they are first born and he assured you that it would slow down to about 1 to 2 poops a day in a month. You felt like every two seconds you were changing her diaper.

You couldn't deal with the smell it was so bad. The first time Amy pooped it was black and tar like. It took you forever to clean it off and then eventually you gave up and put her in the bath. She wasn't happy at all and cried the whole time. This led to Emily's boobs leaking as she had to switch shirts. As soon as you finished, Emily fed Amy before you burped her and she fell asleep in Emily's arms.

Now it's more yellow but it's still weird. Apparently this was normal after Emily made you look it up. But you weren't so sure because it smelt so bad.

You were nervous to go back to work and leave Emily alone with Amy. You know that she will be fine but you felt bad. Emily still hadn't recovered from giving birth as her stitches were slowly healing. Since Emily was breastfeeding, she could only take over the counter medication which meant that it wasn't helping. You've been giving her ice packs to help the pain and she has stayed in bed a lot.

You insisted on taking another two weeks off but Emily wouldn't let you. She thought that it was time that you went back to work and that she would be able to take care of Amy. You didn't have much of a choice so you decided that you were going to make dinner and hopefully have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.