Chapter One Ascension

In the mortal world

The cultivation world celebrated that the demonic cultivator Wei Wuxian was dead, Yiling closed its town to all cultivators as they and the Nie Sect secretly mourned the loss of their friend, brother and protector. Cultivators praised Jiang Cheng as he had been the one to kill the Yiling Patriarch and Nie Mingjue flew into a rage because of it and punched him.

As they celebrated no one knew of the wrath that was heading their way led by the Ghost realm, the martial gods themselves pulled away from the mortal world as they all watched as Hua Ying's ascension grew near and for once did not care what is happening even, they believed they deserve the punishment.

Cloud Recesses

Lan Zhan had bought Wen Yuan home changed his name and had told everyone that he was his son and the son of Wei Ying. His uncle first flew into a rage and fell out with his family. Remembering the conversations, they were spoken and the words that was said to him as Hua Ying had slept, he spent many days and nights within the library as Lan Yuan slept by his side, pouring over scripts until he found what he had been looking for, Lan Zhan then placed Lan Yuan within the Jingshi and went to his father's cottage looking around he found a red, black and blue book written in gold and silver letters, Lan Zhan sat down and opened the book and started reading, he grew colder as the fear in his heart told him what he already knew, he had a soulmate, his love... their love was true but he had chosen a different path and hurt the person he loved the most.

Lan Zhan swayed as he got up and decided to hear the words from the person who his soulmate called 'Father Qing'. The closer he got to the cave the move Lan Zhan thought how now everything made sense, how his love was truly something more than the demonic cultivator everyone saw how he continued to sacrifice himself for everyone, how Lan Zhan had not only broken his own heart but his soulmates as well.

As he confronted his father and his own brother the king of the demon realm and his wife chose to make an appearance and told Lan Zhan part of what he wanted to hear, his heart broke more but what destroyed him was that his soulmate chose to forget him.

His father then destroyed the only book that allowed Lan Zhan to remember he flew into a rage but calmed once he knew his father was right, it was his soulmates choice not his, he had chosen this path now he must walk it.

He secluded himself as he did not know how long he had as he wrote down his own memories, his own thoughts, his own dreams then placing the musical score which he composed, vowing that he would remember.

But as Lan Zhan never got a chance to hide it as he went through is first stage of ascension and the memories of that Lan Zhan and ZeWu-Jun was once again sealed. Lan Yuan met with the star of fortune and misfortune telling him to fetch his family then they too disappeared with the script that Lan Zhan had written.

Only then did Lan Qiren accepted Lan Yuan as he watched his nephew lay unconscious while being watched and cared for by his son. When Lan Zhan woke, he was reminded what took place that his soulmate had perished, and he had taken their son to raise, he once again felt his heart break. ZeWu-Jun could only watch as his brother tormented himself with his regret, but something still plagued him, what Lan Yuan had seen as vividly described to people in which ZeWu-Jun felt familiar with and what his own father said that it was Wei-Ying's will, heading towards the library once again he found nothing but he had a husband and he knew that he could find something there, leaving cloud Recesses ZeWu-Jun returned a month later as he headed to his uncle.

Uncle I have some news said ZeWu-Jun as he bowed before speaking

What is it asked Lan Qiren

What Sizhui saw that night was true uncle, he saw the two stars of fate said ZeWu-Jun as he sat down and poured himself tea then continued. Father said that it was Wei Ying's will that Lan Zhan be the first to start his ascension after Lan Yi, the star of fortune and the star of misfortune was truly within the Jingshi he explained