Chapter Twenty-Six The unexpected twist in the truth

Hua Ying dashed straight towards the Guanyin Temple with Wen Ning by his side. Lan Zhan and himself had already searched the area but after the fight they just had Hua Ying decided that it was best to see for himself. Currently, Hua Ying felt discontent in every way possible, which was why he came to search for trouble with Meng Yao in the middle of the night. As Hua Ying leaped up the wall, before he even reached the roof, he suddenly paused, Something's wrong.

There's a barrier. Whispered Wen Ning

Yes A-Shi said there was, no immortal can see or enter whispered Hua Ying

Hua Ying gestured with his hand. The two landed soundlessly and left the main entrance. They went to a corner on the other side of the Guanyin Temple and carefully climbed up. After hiding behind a rooftop gargoyle statue, they finally peeked into the courtyard. And Wen Ning gaped in shock while Hua Ying glared.

Inside the Guanyin Temple was full of both people and candlelight. Half were monks, and the other half were cultivators wearing robes of Sparks Amidst Snow. The two groups stood mixed, all of people carrying bows and arrows on their backs and swords in their hands as if they were guarding something, ready to fight at any moment. Once in a while there would be whispers. But due to the special camouflaging barriers that had been set up on all four sides of the Guanyin Temple, from the streets outside the walls, all seemed to be dark and silent inside. None of the sounds and lights leaked out. But what Hua Ying glared at wasn't the barrier. It wasn't the cultivators and fake monks either. Instead, it was the white-robed person standing in the center of the courtyard.

I told him! I warned him that is brother would be here but he had to argue with me growled Hua Ying. A-Ning I need you to bring Lan Zhan here now.

As Hua Ying looked ZeWu-Jun wasn't restrained by anything. Even his sword and his xiao, Liebing, were worn at his waist. He stood amid the crowd so gently, and these monks and cultivator regarded him with respect as well, even answering all of his requests. Hua Ying didn't see Meng Yao. He didn't know if he was here or if he had the Tiger Seal in his hand.

Hua Ying paled as he heard a string of barks came from an end of the street outside the Guanyin Temple. Almost petrified, he held back the urge to get the hell out of there, trembling as he hugged the sculpture on the roof tightly. Listening as the barks moved closer and closer, his chest was filled with fear, involuntarily chanting is his heart. Help me, Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan, help me!

After this, it seemed as if he got some courage from the name, and so he kept on trembling as he forced himself to calm down. Hua Ying prayed with all he had that the dog was a wild one without an owner so that it'd get lost as soon as possible. But fate clearly wasn't on his side. Amid the barks sounded the clear voice of a young man, who scolded.

Fairy, shut up! Do you want to wake up everyone living on this street in the middle of the night?! Said Jin Ling

ZeWu-Jun's expression changed. Most of the Lanling Jin Sect's cultivators knew their young master's voice. They exchanged a look with one another and nocked arrows on their bows. Jin Ling's voice came rather quickly. It arrived at the doors of the Guanyin Temple soon afterwards.

Shh! Shh! I'll cook you if you keep on barking! ... Just where do you want me to go? Asked Jin Ling

Hua Ying's heart clenched among the terrors of all sorts, RuLan, you unfortunate thing! Quick, get out of here!!!

But Jin Ling had to stop right outside the Guanyin Temple. Fairy barked again and again, as though it was spinning around, digging at the dirt and the wall.

This is it? After some silence, he knocked, Is anyone here? Called Jin Ling

Amid the courtyard, all of the cultivators held their breaths. Resting on the bows, the arrows pointed towards the direction of the doors, waiting for orders.