Chapter Seven Xinglu Ridge

The next morning, Hua Ying said Goodbye to Mo Xuanyu and together with Lan Zhan they left following the left hand's direction, the two went toward the northwest. On the way Hua Ying took out light breeze and changed it into a parasol and walked side by side with Lan Zhan.

Each night they stopped, they duetted Rest in order to temporarily calm its anger and killing intent then Lan Zhan would go to his side of the bedroom and Hua Ying would meditate by the table. This carried on as the travelled near Qinghe, the posture that the arm maintained to show them the way suddenly changed. Its index finger curled back, and it formed a fist. This meant that what the hand pointed at was just around the area.

Hua Ying did not want to be anywhere the Nie sect at the moment because Nie Huaisang and Nie Mingjue would recognize him, not that they would expose him it was just that he chose to leave this world behind him. The streets were crowded with people hurrying to and fro. Hua Ying was trotting behind Lan Zhan when, suddenly, he was overwhelmed by the pungent fragrance of cosmetics. Going to the vendor he looked at the cosmetics.

What are you selling? Why does it smell like this? asked Hua Ying

The fragrance came from a charlatan, who wore the robes of a cultivator and had the word "deceiving" plastered all over his face. He carried a chest, selling a few items to passersby. Seeing that someone asked, he beamed, I sell everything! The rouge and powder here are both cheap and fine. Young Master, take a look?

Sure, I'll take a look. Said Hua Ying smiling

For your wife? Asked the charlatan

For my son said Hua Ying as he remembered that he was still in his male form

Are you joking with me? Asked the charlatan

No, I actually mean it growled Hua Ying. Before he lost his temper, Lan Zhan turned around and came over.

Do not bother others if you are not going to buy it. Said Lan Zhan

As the charlatan was a fake cultivator, but he knew a few things about the cultivation world. Having recognized the Lan Sect's sect motif, he didn't dare to cause trouble, and ran away carrying his chest.

What are you running away for? I really wanted to buy it! Hua Ying shouted after him laughing

Do you have the money? Asked Lan Zhan

You didn't allow me to go home before we came, so I do not, you can give me money. Said Hua Ying as he extended his hand to search. He didn't expect to actually find anything, but after a few moments, he did find a delicate, heavy pouch with money in it.

He was quite surprised that he could take anything from Lan Zhan if he wanted to, without the other becoming dissatisfied at all. This was when they were actually together before the betrayal, before the heartbreak.

So, what changed in the thirteen years that he supposedly died to make him change this drastically? Thought Hua Ying as he looked at the pouch then placed it within his sleeves.

After walking for some distance, Hua Ying unintentionally turned around and looked. Lan Zhan was behind him, still standing at the same place, staring toward his direction. Hua Ying then smiled bought his bright red parasol down and changed to his female form when he bought it up the change in Lan Zhan's face was noticeable and it made him happy. With a flirtatious smile he was about to call out when he heard someone shout.

"The YiLing Patriarch, five coins for one, ten coins for three!"

Who?! Asked Hua Ying as his face darkened, He hurried over to look at who was selling him, only to see that it was the same fake cultivator. He packed away the low-grade rouge and powder, and now held a stack of paper that had someone even more malicious-looking than door-gods-drawn on them.