Chapter Twenty-One This Promise I Make

Hua Ying couldn't quite clearly remember what had happened next. He felt that he tried to attack. Everything around them seemed frenzied. Not only noisy, but their escape also seemed to bump and jolt as well. He didn't know how long had passed, but when he hazily opened his eyes again, Lan Zhan flew on Bichen, while he was carried on Lan Zhan's back. Blood had spilled onto half of his snow-colored cheeks. In truth, the wound at his stomach didn't hurt too much. But it was a hole in his body, after all. In the beginning, he had managed for a while, as though nothing happened. It was likely, though, that the body hadn't received many injuries before. As the wound bled, he couldn't help but feel light-headed, and this wasn't something that he could control.

Lan Zhan. Called Hua Ying

Lan Zhan's breathing wasn't as placid as usual, feeling somewhat rushed. It was probably from carrying Hua Ying while fending off attacks and being on the run for too long. The tone in which he replied, however, was still the single syllable, as steady as ever, Mn. I'm here

He could still remember how, back in Jiangling, Lan Zhan came all the way to assist him, yet he didn't appreciate the kindness at all. With all kinds of disputes, the two of them often parted with disapproval. But what he hadn't expected was that when everyone feared him and flattered him, Lan Zhan scolded him right in his face; when everyone spurned him and loathed him, Lan Zhan stood by his side.

Ah, I remember now. Said Hua Ying

What do you remember? Asked Lan Zhan

I remember now, Lan Zhan. Just like this. I... really have carried you before. It was in the cave with the tortoise of slaughter said Hua Ying and Hua Ying passed out again

Lan Zhan. Hua Ying muttered as he reached out and grabbed one of Lan Zhan's sleeves.

Lan Zhan had always been beside him since they reached Lan sect. Not once had he left Hua Ying side.

I am here. Said Lan Zhan as he placed a kiss on Hua Ying's forehead

Hua Ying hadn't woken up yet. His eyes were still tightly shut, yet his hand didn't let go either. He seemed to be dreaming, muttering. Don't... Don't be angry... please don't be...

I am not angry. Said Lan Zhan gently and somewhat surprised

Oh. Replied Hua Ying. Hearing this, as though he finally felt assured, his fingers loosened.

Lan Zhan sat beside Hua Ying for a while. Seeing that he was motionless again, he was about to stand up when Hua Ying grabbed him with his other hand, hugging his arm and refusing to let go.

I'll go with you, quick, take me back to your sect! Shouted Hua Ying

Lan Zhan widened his eyes. After he shouted, Hua Ying seemed to have shouted himself awake. His long lashes trembled before he slowly opened his eyes. After his sight finally went from blurred to clear, he suddenly realized that both of his hands were wrapped around Lan Zhan as though he was grasping a straw, clutching a floating piece of wood within water. He immediately let go, almost wanting to roll away. His movement was so large that it hurt the wound at his stomach.

The wound at your stomach? Asked Lan Zhan.

The wound? It's fine, it doesn't hurt... then Hua Ying started crying

Where is that idiotic nephew of mine came a growl at the door, then it was opened and Wang Fang along with Xie Lian entered the room

Mother he is dead, they are both dead and there was nothing I could do. Cried Hua Ying as Xie Lian came to hold his son.

A-Ying, Let Wang Fang look you over please I will speak to the Lan's said Xie Lian wiping Hua Ying's face. Then walked out with Lan Zhan.

Well nephew this is what you get when you seal yourself, why did you? Asked Wang Fang