Chapter Twenty-Three The truth at Lotus Pier

Hua Ying knew at once. The closest 'safe place' to Yiling was the area of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect.

You all intend on going to Lotus Pier next? Asked Hua Ying

Why do you ask? Asked Lan Qiren

No reason. I just wanted to ask if I could go along. Said Hua Ying

Wei WuXian! You did a good deed today, but those are two separate things. Please understand that it's impossible for us to associate with you. Said sect leader Yao

For the love of the heaven and ghost realm, it's HUA H...U...A...! Hua Ying spelt out, Yin Yu started laughing and almost fell to his knees when Hua Ying stared at him with vemon.

Hua Ying sighed, don't worry, nobody's making you associate with me. Right now, though, we're on the same side, aren't we? The figure who planned the siege on you today has the Stygian Tiger Seal in his hands. Can you deal with it? Asked Hua Ying

The sect leaders looked at one another. In all honesty, what Hua Ying said wasn't wrong. If he was willing to join in, it'd be of great assistance. But people had slandered the YiLing Patriarch's name for so many years. It'd be a bit embarrassing to have him cooperate with them all at once.

Uncle, have you received any news about Brother? Asked Lan Zhan

No. Replied Lan Qiren said after a moment of silence

Maybe ZeWu-Jun is still under Jin Guangyao's control as of right now. Old man Qiren, if you're worried about me, don't be I am here for one thing only and that is the destruction of the seal, afterward you will never see me again said Hua Ying. At least let Lan Zhan participate in your next plans. It's his brother, after all.

Come if you want to. Said Lan Qiren

HUA LEE YING!!! Roared a voice as Hua Ying cringed and Yin Yu straightened immediately

Father, I called Yin Yu, I wasn't alone cried Hua Ying as he walked to his father and slightly looked up giving him the biggest puppy dog eyes and the qivering lip. Hua Cheng didn't even say anything he pulled his son into a hug.

If I had known you'd do something this foolish once again... little demon you nearly... you are an irresponsible, self-sacrificing little shit you know that said Hua Cheng as Yin Yu came over.

Hua Chen Zhu said Yin Yu and bowed

When we get back Yin Yu, I want a full report said Hua Cheng then looked down, your mother is worried will you come home and appease him please.

Daddy, if I come home A-Shi is going to kill me moaned Hua Ying I got blood on the ceremonial robe. And my aunts will kill what is left of me because of my fans pouted Hua Ying as he took them out and showed that they were indeed covered in blood that the painting drawn on them could not even be seen

So, in other words you not only painted yourself a target, but you also used the darkness growled Hua Cheng, little demon you know you can't do that. Not in your state.

Daddy, I was stabbed not crippled and Lan Zhan was a target too said Hua Ying

That is not the state I am talking about, and you know it! How many setbacks have you have in the last month? Mo Xuanyu when you saved him, Lan Zhan, A-Ning, Mingjue's corpse, his memories, A-Yu dying, finding where A-Qing died, your Wen family? How much more Hua Lee Ying growled Hua Cheng all for these fools who can't see an innocent in front of their face even if they got smacked in the head. When will it be enough?

Father I will return with you only to be squished by mother but then I will have to come back you know why, we cannot leave something like this behind even if it is useless said Hua Ying, Lan Zhan I am going. I will be back shortly, wait for me.