Chapter Six The demonic Arm

Outside of the watchtower, more and more of the Lan Sect's disciples started to crowd around, but nobody dared to go in without careful consideration.

The door of the Mingshi was black and made of wood. It was tightly locked, only able to be opened from inside. It was not only difficult to violently destroy it from the outside, but it was also forbidden to do so. It was extremely scary for an accident to happen during the spirit summoning ritual, since nobody would know what being it would summon or what would happen if someone broke in. And, ever since the Mingshi was built, there were almost no cases where the summoning failed. This made everyone more worried.

Seeing that Lan Zhan didn't appear, Hua Ying had a foreboding feeling, as he heard the alarming chimes of the bell, unless... Suddenly, the black door flew open with a bang. A white-clothed disciple rushed outside, staggering and stumbling.

As Lan Sizhui's legs weren't steady, he rolled down the stairs as soon as he came out. The door of the Mingshi instantly closed again, as if someone angrily slammed it shut. In confusion, the bystanders quickly helped Lan Sizhui up. After he stood up, he immediately fell down again, his face covered in tears beyond his control. He held onto the people around him, we should have... shouldn't have summoned...

Hua Ying immediately changed into his female form as Mo Xuanyu came running, taking Lan Sizhui's hand, Hua Ying closed his eyes and sent his own healing energy to him.

Which being's spirit are you summoning? Who else is inside? Where's Lan Zhan?! He asked when was done and Lan Sizhui as he calmed down.

Second master Lan told me to run away, master Lan Qiren and the elders are there with him inside said the disciple.

Mother, please.... MOTHER screamed Mo Xuanyu as Hua Ying changed into his male form grabbed the flute he had made from his waist and walked up the stairs and commanded the doors to open.

Master Hua, it won...... started Lan Sizhui

Hua Ying looked back with an evil glint in his eyes, no door is closed to me said Hua Ying as he did an incantation and commanded the doors to open and entered.

Who is that person asked the disciple shocked

That would be my mother smiled Mo Xuanyu, everything will be fine watch he said as he sat down in the lotus position and meditated, waiting

When Hua Ying entered the Mingshi the dark energy swirled around him then receded, to Hua Ying he could taste the anger the arrogance and the pain, but this energy was respectful not scared. As Hua Ying looked around, he saw the elders all laying on the floor bleeding from the orifices and in the middle of the array was the arm that had been taken from Mo village.

The energy coming off of it was powerful enough, the rage that it felt from being slaughtered was enough to be classed near supreme as he went over, he saw that it stood on the ground, as straight as a stick, with the side where it was cut off on the bottom. Four of its fingers were clenched into a fist, yet its index finger pointed toward the sky, as if it was angrily pointing at someone.

Then his eyes lifted as he saw Lan Zhan sitting with Wangji in front of him in the main position on the east side and yet he wasn't playing Wangji as the guqin vibrated, he was instead listening, Lan Zhan was allowing Wangji to play enquiry

Lan Zhan raised his head as he sensed that someone came in. Hua Ying walked over to Lan Qiren and took his place on the west side of the Mingshi and put the flute to his lips and blew a note, as Lan Zhan raised his right hand, a melody poured out from the guqin. quickly joined with the flute. They song they played was evocation, yet no spirit appeared, and the arm was enraged as the veins twitched and the air felt thicker as the dark energy filled the space, Hua Ying quickly understood why the elders collapsed but he wasn't like them he grinned he also couldn't understand why evocation wasn't working with Lan Zhan playing unless the spirit was cut apart with the body. Thinking back his fate of being eaten to dust now seemed more appealing than this poor soul.