Chapter Fourteen Xue yang's Betrayal

They followed the bamboo pole's noises for less than fifteen minutes. After a few twists and turns, in front of them, the noises abruptly came to a halt. Hua Ying extended his arm, stopping the boys behind him, and walked a few steps forward. A house stood alone in the fog that grew thicker and thicker. Somebody pushed open the door to the house, which silently awaited the entrance of the strangers. Hua Ying felt that something must be inside. It wouldn't be anything dangerous or that could kill them, but something that would tell him things and show them the answers.

Let's go in. There aren't any dangers inside said Hua Ying he raised his foot and stepped into the house. Adjusting to the dark, watch for the threshold. Don't trip. He said as he had expected, one of the boys almost tripped over the tall threshold.

Why is the threshold so high? It is not a temple or anything like that. Complained the boy

It's not a temple, but it's somewhere that also needs a high threshold. Said Hua Ying as his butterflies lit up the area illuminating the entire house.

Master Hua, what are those lights asked Lan Sizhui

Wraiths replied Hua Ying as he looked around.

Straws were scattered on the ground, serving as a carpet. In the frontmost area, there was an altar with Yama or what they thought he looked like and a few fallen stools of different heights. A small, unlit room was on the right side. Other than these, there were also seven or eight black, wooden coffins.

This is the so-called coffin home? Where t

he

dead people are temporarily put? Sneered Jin Ling