Chapter 6

Bellamy's POV

We decided to go on baking some chocolate-chip cookies.

Clarke was acting weird. She seemed a bit worried about something and I needed to know. My curiosity was eating me alive.

"So anything interesting
happened with Raven today?"

"Nothing that I can think of."

"Oh, nothing at all?"

"Nope.Why?"

"Just wondering..."

She's definitely hiding something.

"Hey Bellamy, come closer I want to show you something."

I cautiously walked closer, wondering what she was thinking about this time.

"Come on, I don't bite." She urged me.

When I reached her, she threw the flour that she was in the cup she was holding all over my shirt.

I gasped in surprise.

She's going down.

"Oops that was an accident."

Yeah accident...

"Right.
Oh my god Clarke."

"What?"

I walked closer.

"You've got something there."
I pointed at her.

"Where?" She was trying to find what was on her face, wiping with her hand everywhere she could find.

I discreetly got some flour from my shirt on my finger.

"There." I said as I booped her nose with my floured finger.

An unusually high-pitched sound left her lips.

"You're so dead."

With that warning she immediately took more flour and threw it at me.

I grabbed the nearest ingredient I could find - sugar - and threw right back for defence.

"How dare you." She glared at me.

Then she took a few of the chocolate chips and threw them on my face.

"That hurt!"

"Oh don't be so dramatic."

She had to pay for that.

I took an egg and smashed it at the top of her head.

She squealed and tried to run to me but the floor was slippery because of the egg.

She lost her balance and with all the force she put into running she grabbed onto my shirt.

Thump.

... And both of us were now on the ground.

"That actually did hurt." I tried to laugh it off.

Clarke was close, too close. Actually she was so close she could probably feel how fast my heart was beating. I hope not.

She didn't seem to give attention to my words, maybe she hadn't heard them at all.

She was staring at me, intensely.

It should make me uneasy but instead it pulled me to her more.

It should be uncomfortable. It was definitely unusual but uncomfortable? No, it wasn't.

When Clarke turned her head away and got up I almost sighed.

I don't know if it was a sigh of relief or displeasure. I don't know if I wanted to find out.

"We should shower. I call dibs." She said and walked carefully, trying not to fall again, towards the bathroom.

🌷🌷🌷

Clarke's POV

"Good night, Bellamy."

"Sleep tight, Princess."

As Octavia was staying with Lincoln I had taken her bedroom instead of the guest one. I always felt more comfortable there than at the blunt guest bedroom.

I was feeling very uncertain after the screenshot Raven sent me of the last text she received by A.

Bellamy saw through me, of course, but thankfully he didn't push too much.

I knew there was no way I would get all the sleep I needed tonight. I couldn't stop thinking how A could even take pictures from inside our own homes.

Somehow, after a lot of tossing and turning in my bed sleep finally took over.

It was a very disruptive one though.

I kept seeing a masked figure, following me everywhere. My dad was behind him at one point.

The masked figure walked towards him.

I saw A take out a knife.

Next thing I know someone is shaking me out of my sleep.

It took me a few seconds to realise that the screams I heard were my own. My cheeks felt wet but I did not remember crying.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me, I thought I would flinch away but the familiarity kept me still.

It was only Bellamy.

"Don't worry Princess, it's just a nightmare. None of it is real. Whatever you saw, it's not real."

That was precisely the problem though. It was real. A was real and he was haunting me and it seemed he wouldn't be stopping.

At least until he got what he wanted. But I had no idea what he wanted. I didn't even know if A is a he. I'm just going with whatever comes to mind. I was blind in this.

But A? He knew everything.

Instead of voicing all this, I pulled closer to Bellamy. For now, this felt safe enough.

"Are you feeling better?"

"A little. Thank you. For waking me up and for being here."

"I'll always be here, Clarke. You don't have to worry."

But I did worry. I was so worried about what A was capable of. How far was he willing to go?

And how far has he already went? Was he really involved with my dad's crush?

The only think we were certain of for now was the stalking. But I felt it in my gut, this was only the beginning.

"We can make some hot chocolate. It will help you sleep."

Hot chocolate always made things better.

"That sounds great."

He stood up and went to walk outside.

"Bellamy?"

"Yeah?" He stopped at the door.

"Will you stay with me after?"

"Yes, of course." He smiled at me, reassuring me.

A was trouble but with Bellamy by my side, it was easy to just forget all about him.

We drank our hot chocolate while Bellamy was re-enacting a funny conversation he had with Lincoln earlier today. I didn't say too much, content to just listen to Bellamy talk.

I was feeling much better. I could probably sleep alone at this point.

Bellamy didn't have to know that though.

We eventually got up and I followed Bellamy to his own bedroom.

We laid down on different sides of the bed, but we both knew it was useless. We'd wake up cuddling anyway.

I drifted off to sleep like that. I probably wouldn't remember A even if someone asked me about him at that moment.

Nothing else really mattered.

🌷🌷🌷