Chapter 23

Clarke's POV

He woke up sooner than the doctors thought he would. Luckily, both Octavia and I happened to be sitting by his bed at the time.

I couldn't believe it at first, and I kept staring at him as Octavia hugged him.

Octavia was repeatedly saying "I'm sorry," and "You're such an idiot," and "thank you."

After a while she calmed down and let go of him. Bellamy turned to look at me.

"Hey you." He simply said.

"Don't ever do that again." I told him as I went in for a hug as well.

Bellamy kissed me instead.

"Ew you just woke up. Get a room." Octavia whined.

But she said it laughing.

"Aren't you surprised?" I asked her. "I was going to wait and tell you first before doing anything like this but Bellamy had other ideas."

"Even if Bellamy hadn't told me yesterday, which he did, I still wouldn't be surprised."

"What? Why wouldn't you?"

"Because you two are idiots."

"You are such a kind sister." Bellamy emphasised 'such', and rolled his eyes.

"I know, I'm the best." Octavia agreed, ignoring his sarcasm.

"Whatever. What have I missed?"

"Not much. Just the police getting involved in our situation." I replied.

"What!"

"They're currently looking for your dad, Raven's dad, Echo, and Atom. They've all gone into hiding, though, so we aren't really safe yet. We just have more people on our side."

"That's great. Now you can't tell me I'm an idiot for getting shot, look how well everything's turning out. And I got out of it with a little scratch."

"A scratch? Bellamy, you are even stupider than I said earlier. You are not to be trusted." Octavia told him, but she was laughing again.

It was amazing that Bellamy was awake again, and seeing him interacting with his sister so freely finally made me feel better.

🌷🌷🌷

After a few days, Bellamy was cleared to leave the hospital, but his arm was put in a sling to keep it in place while he healed.

"You can come back to my place." I told him as he was signing his discharge note.

"That would be great, thank you." He smiled at me.

"I already told Octavia about this before you woke up. She went to Lincoln's in the morning but she knows to meet us home later."

"Thank you for taking care of her."

I only smiled as a reply.

Once we were back home, mum immediately came to the door to meet us. I guiltily remembered that I hadn't told her much about what happened, only that Bellamy had been in the hospital and it was their dad's fault.

"I'm so happy to see that you're okay, Bellamy. Come on in, and do tell me everything about what happened. I heard the police came to the hospital. What did you tell them? What are they planning to do to help you? I have so many questions."