Chapter 2: Fights and Friends

The next day all anyone is talking about in school is Harry Potter this and Harry Potter that. Cayden gets bored of it quickly but not Malfoy nooo all Draco can talk about is how Harry Potter is the scum of this earth. At least there are classes that have to take Dracos mind off of Harry Potter right?

As the first years fill their day with classes, most of which Cayden enjoy, Draco still can't stop talking about Harry Potter. When it's finally time to head to their potions class Cayden is excited. He loves potions and really has a knack for them. He is good at spells with practice but potions have always come naturally and you can do so much with potions. He gets there and the four boys slide onto a bench with Cayden closest to the bench beside them, Draco, Goyle, and Crabbe at the end. Class begins with professor snape taking register pausing at Potter then again at Prewett. He begins his lectures then soon after calls out potter in front of the class.

"Potter. What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood." Hermione's hand shoots up and Cayden lazly half raises his hand.

"I don't know sir." Says Harry before Snapes lips curl in a sneer.

"Tut, tut - fame clearly isn't everything." he says looking over at Cayden who was chewing gum with his hand still lazaly raised ignoring Hermione.

"Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" Snape says as Harry looks completely confused as Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle start to snicker while Cayden blows and pops a bubble loudly before Harry says.

"I don't know sir." Causing the snickering boys to start laughing.

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?" Snape says ignoring the only two students in class with their hands raised.

"What's the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know." Harry says quietly. "I think Hermione does though why don't you try her."

"Sit down." Snape snaps at Hermione. "You wont get anywhere in my class trying to show off."

"Prewett." Snape snaps again turning his cold stare towards the young boy sitting right in front of Hermione. "Do you believe you know the answers to my questions?" he asks his cold stare fixated on the boy who wasn't even looking at him. Cayden looks up at him, right in the eyes, and smiles.

"Asphodel and wormwood equal draught of the living dead, you can find a bezoar in the stomach of a goat and it can save you from most poisons, as for the last one it's a trick quest ion they are the same plant." He says not once breaking eye contact with the Professor.

"Yes of course that is correct. I hope the rest of the class got that down and three points for slytherin and one taken from gryffindor." Snape says as he clears his throat and walks away. The lesson continues as Draco and Cayden work on a potion that cures boils. Draco talks most of the class and cuts up ingredients according to Caydens measurements. They finish the potion perfectly in Dracos cauldron while Draco goes on about how Cayden destroyed Potter and how their potion is the best. Cayden lets Malfoy talk as he starts to make a potion of his own. It's a modified version of the polyjuice potion where it turns you into the opposite gender. He tries switching out a few ingredients and uses a hair from his head and one of a male relative. It boils and Cayden sneakily pours it into his empty water bottle. As he finishes the pour he looks up to see Snape looming over him. He looks up at the small boy and down at the now empty cauldron then back at the boy. Cayden tries to pass it off as if he doesn't care as snape gives him a cold glare and says,

"See me after class." Snape leaves and Cayden lets out a breath he didn't realise he was holding. Shortly after Nevil spills his potion and Harry loses another point. When Snape gets back they all hand in their potions and do their work. Before he knew it an hour had passed and everyone left.