Chapter 5: Maps and Myrtle

Cayden tried to keep to himself which was hard considering that Draco had made it his mission to get onto the quidditch team. Turns out that Slytherin's seeker had graduated last year meaning that there was an opening so of course Malfoy had to have it. He needed to compete on the same level as Potter so he called up his dad and before Cayden could say anything the team all had new brooms and Snape had given him full permission to use the field. Malfoy had also convinced Marcus Flint, the team's captain, to allow Cayden to help out with practices and be an official announcer for the games. To his knowledge all that ment was he had to tag along in early mornings and then yell at everything going on even throw in a few insults, as Flint had said "So the team won't be distracted in the real thing." He appreciated that Draco wanted him to be included but he really didn't need to be on the team and he definitely didn't want to give up his Saturday mornings for this. Atlas there was no convincing Malfoy once his mind was set so there he was barely awake getting ready. He didn't bother to put on anything fancy but he had sewn up a nicer green jumper so he put that on over a white button up and black slacks. He looked good enough and spent the rest of the morning listening as Malfoy talks his ear off while getting changed. The boys meet the rest of the team and head to the pitch. Cayden holds the gear for the team while they all fawn over their new brooms commenting on how it's even better than the model potter has. As fate would have it Cayden ends up face to face with their very topic of conversation.

"Flint!" Cayden watched as Gryffindor's team Captain strolled up with the team following behind. "This is our practice time! We got up specially! You lot can clear off now!" The captain bellows. The two go back and forward for a bit before Flint finally holds up a signed document showing they have the pitch. Cayden looks towards the Gryffindor team and sees Fred and George holding back laughter. He smiles and waves at the two who wave back at him. Before Cayden can fully process what is going on he hears Hermonie going off on Draco.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent." She says. Cayden tries to grab Malfoy but it's too late he had already started walking towards her. He didn't get too close just a few steps but then he said it.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mudblood." He spat at her. Before Cayden could react Ron had already taken out his wand.

"How dare you, you'll pay for this one." He says his wand making a loud bang before backfiring onto him. Cayden took advantage of the distraction and gave Malfoy a quick punch to the gut. He looks back towards the group that had huddled around Ron and watches as he throws up a slug. Hermonie and Harry take him away and the rest of the Gryffindor team fizzles out off of the pitch. Cayden leaves with them glaring at Malfoy as he leaves.

Fred and George run into Cayden in the halls not too afterwards, no longer in their uniforms.

"Hey Cayden." George shouts as the two run up to him.

"Look I'm really sorry about Malfoy, he never should have said that and I should have stopped him but I really never expected your brother to get hurt or even attempt to cast a spell with that wand of his." Cayden says before either of the twins gets a chance to say anything.

"Oh yeah we know." Fred says.

"We saw the punch you gave Malfoy after he said it." George smiles.

"You're not a bad kid Prewett." Fred says, patting him on the back.

"Look we have had our eyes on you especially after the train ride we have had a lot of mixed reactions." George starts.

"Ginny loves you and Ron thinks you're almost as bad as Malfoy." Fred continues.

"So we decided to form our own opinions." George takes over.

"And we decided you're a good dude." Fred says triumphantly.