Chapter 3: Trains and Trees

The end of the summer holidays couldn't come soon enough for Cayden. Mr. Malfoy had taken him to get a haircut to "look more professional" he said that a shaggy look doesn't look good for slytherin. At the barbershop his curls were cut to eye length barley even long enough to tuck behind his ears. Draco said he looked great and Mr. Malfoy looked pleased but Ms. Malfoy got even more distant if that was even possible. It wasn't long after that for the school year to start. He had waited till the morning of school to start packing up everything he owned into his trunks. All of his books from last year had been donated to flourish and bolts and he had put everything that didn't fit into his trunks into his old messenger bag enchanted with an enlargement charm and a lightweight charm. The Malfoys took him to the station and Ms. Malfoy insisted that they go out for breakfast. It was really awkward sitting across the breakfast table from Ms. Malfoy didn't make eye contact with him once. He was so nervous he couldn't eat anything. The anxiety and excitement was driving him nuts and he tried to play with his hair only to forget it's now short.

He didn't engage in conversation, just nodded along with whatever the Malfoys were talking about. Once breakfast had ended and they finally reached the train station Cayden couldn't wait to get on the train. At least at school he had his classes to distract him. Even so he knew he was going to spend the year protecting a certain brown haired boy year again. What he heard over the summer haunted him and the only thing he could do was hope that his warning would be enough.

Through the entire train ride he didnt see harry or Ron, it was odd but he had just assumed they were in a separate compartment. He looked around a few times and saw hermonie wondering around. He turned to ask her before seeing Malfoy and deciding against it. If Malfoy had seen him talking to her about Harry he would never hear the end of it. At one point Malfoy had gone to the bathroom and he looked through the mirror for his sister, Ron would probably be with her but she was sitting alone at a compartment. He snuck out to go find her and kill Ron, how could he leave her alone is he that bad of a brother. It didn't take long and with the help of a mirror he finds her. He doesn't know what to say so he just asks her if she is sitting alone. He isn't in his robes yet so she doesn't know he is slytherin.

"Sitting alone?" He says from the doorway causing her to jump a bit.

"None of your business." She says. He laughs a bit Ginny was always confidant and stubborn like this.

"Wait a miniute I remember you, I saw you before the break getting off the train. You looked sad and I felt sorry for you." She says.

"Ouch I didnt look that sad." He laughs.

"No you looked pretty pathetic." She says.

"Can I sit?" Cayden asks and Ginny nods her head and gestures to a seat near her.

"So?" She asks.

"So what?" Cayden responds completely confused.

"Well I know your a year above me but that's about it." She says and Cayden laughs.

"Oh right yeah I'm Cayden."

"Ginny." She responds.

"Oh I know." He says before Ginny gives a confused look.

"What were you stalking me or something?" She asks and her eyes glare threateningly. He had seen that look before and it only ever happens when she is two seconds away from telling Fred and George off.

"Oh no I didnt mean not like ah I know your family. I met them I even saved your brothers ass." He laughs.

"No your not that Cayden, the slytherin jerk who thinks he's better then everyone." She says.

"Is that what Ronald told you well he needs to get his story straight cause if I'm remembering he was the self absorbed one who dramatically sacrificed himself cause he made a wrong move in wizards chess and I'm the one who actually helped out harry." Ginny laughs at this and Cayden smiles. He is glad Ginny didnt have to ride this train alone and right as he is thinking that Fred and George hop into the compartment.