Chapter 5: Mirrors and Memories

As the weather got colder students got more and more invested in quidditch. When it gets colder students get more invested since they don't have much else to do besides school. Malfoy was just as invested as every other student. He made sure Cayden had to listen all about the game coming on Saturday. It was Slytherin v Gryffindor and all Malfoy wanted to talk about is how he can't wait to see Potter fail. Cayden would escape to the library when Malfoy became too obsessed with Potter. He was more or less a decent person until Harry Potter was mentioned or seen or The Boy Who Lived was being talked about again and Malfoy would get obsessed. The library was nice though. He would take out books for the year above him and study. Even Hermonie stopped with the cold glares after the incident. He was actually enjoying life and it was amazing.

Soon Saturday came and practically the whole school had gathered around to see the teams face off against one another. He had to admit it was nice to see his brothers play quidditch for real, he couldn't show his support out right but Cayden was proud of his brothers. The game starts and the announcer has a clear bias towards Gryffindor but he makes up for it with his humour. Whenever Gryffindor scores the whole school cheers but Slytherin. The game gets heated when Cayden notices Harry's broomstick fly outta control. He looks around desperately searching for who it is when he notices snaps muttering something. He gets closer and notices it's a counter curse. He can hear the curse and mutters it to focus on keeping Harry from falling off his broom. He knows most curses will understand intent even if you get things wrong and Harry's broom seems to stable for a minute before he sees Hermione crawling through the stands. He continues to mutter the curse while getting closer to Hermione but she brings out her wand. That's when he breaks eye contact and says "Hermione NOOOO" but it's too late. Blue flames start to consume Professor Snape's robes and Cayden shouts Aguamenti and blue water extinguishes the flames and covers Hermione's escape. During all the ruckus Harry nearly swallows the Snitch but Gryffindor still wins the game.

Slytherin is furious with the loss and Gryffindor is extractic with the win. Harry takes a break from the Gryffindor party and walks around the halls. He walks down a corridor and bumps into a familiar freckled boy.

"I thought players were supposed to catch the snitch, not swallow it." Cayden remarks as he turns around.

"Ha ha like I haven't heard enough about it. What are you even doing here?" Harry asks not to pleased with Caydens sense of humour.

"I don't know, shouldn't you be celebrating with your team, you still technically won."

"It's too much like you said I only technically won, I don't deserve this party." Harry sighs. His face is fallen and Cayden can tell he feels genuinely bad about it.

"Hey look, most of these kids have been playing this game for years. I used to play every week with my little sister and you should have seen the first time I played I nearly took down half of the house and my little sis wasn't any better. This was your first game and you still won. It takes time but for now just enjoy the celebration you did still win after all." Cayden says. Harry actually looks at him for once without an annoying glare.

"You have a little sister?" He asks.

"Really that's the part you focus on, not me taking down half the house?" Cayden laughs and so does Harry.

"I don't know I guess I just kinda assumed you were l don't even know I just never figured you had a sister. I guess it makes sense you were super protective and strong like your spells were powerful." Harry said.

"Yeah, Halloween was wild." Cayden said with a slight smile.

"I do have to ask why were you even there?" Harry asked.