Chapter 9: Learning and Languages

It was another day before Cayden managed to get out of the hospital wing but his arm had grown back enough that he was released. Luckily he was released just in time to make it back to classes. He watched Ginny from afar. He knew she had sat next to the boy who had been hurt and she never did well with tragedy, Fred and George were trying their best to cheer her up but she just didn't enjoy their antics as much anymore. He tried to talk to her but she would just give him a surface level 'everything is fine' then walk away or try and change the conversation. He wished more than anything he could go to her like he used to make her laugh like on the train but she didn't know Cayden very well, she wouldn't just spill all her secrets to a stranger. So he decided to do the only thing he could do, start his own investigation. He had been working on the map in the hospital wing and it gave him an idea, what if whoever was doing this was using the secret passageways. The same day he sets out to find the twins.

"Who else knows about the secret passages." Cayden demands in a quite yet firm voice cornering the twins outside of the kitchen.

"Why do you need to know?" Fred says.

"What's it to you?" George echos crossing his arms. The twins were clearly attempting to be more intimidating but as someone who had known these two jesters his entire life, he just didnt buy it.

"Who knows?" Cayden says a little louder but stays firm in his place.

"Why are you planning on telling someone?" George starts.

"As long as it's not Malfoy I would hate to run into his stuck up nose when we are just trying to have some fun." Fred ends with George nodding in agreement.

"So someone you know, someone you want to protect. I'm assuming its not a girl either of you could have a crush on and it's definitely not your siblings but you would protect them like a sibling." Cayden says watching their faces and emotions for clues, worry, confusion, and a hint of impression. "Oh of course Jordan Lee right you guys are thick as thieves." Both twins look almost shocked.

"You know us too well, Prewett." Fred comments.

"Yeah it's unnerving." George says a small smirk apparent on both of their faces.

"Well here." Cayden says, tossing the finished map at them. It's an almost exact duplicate of the old one but the parchment is newer and the ink isn't as faded.

"You actually made it?" The twins say in perfect sync.

"Yeah? I have been talking about it with you guys this entire time." Cayden said. "It's all there the new passages you showed me everything and I can update it for you guys whenever you need."

"Well yeah but we expected you to ask for money or a favour." George says.

"Well of course you two owe me one. I didn't just do this for nothing I got a lot out of it as well, and I'm pretty sure I can ask you guys for a favour when I need it and that could very much come in handy." Cayden smirks.

"There it is." Fred says.

"Ok but we have conditions." George starts.

"Nothing too illegal like we aren't gonna kill anyone for you that's way to large of a favour." Fred lists.

"Oh and nothing that would hurt us or our family, like we aren't gonna get dirt on Ron for you to use against him. He may be a jerk sometimes but he is family." George finishes. The twins wait for his response.

"Yeah it's a deal, I don't know what I'm gonna need but I'm sure having the two best pranksters on my side can't possibly be that bad." Cayden laughs out as he walks away still keeping his own map and knowing he isn't much closer to finding whoever hurt Collin.