Chapter 6: Parties and Petrification

October rolls around and he watches as everyone heads out to the great hall. He and some of the older students hide pranks and treats in the younger students' dorms as their own form of "trick or treat" everyone has fun with it and once they are finished Cayden heads to the death day party. His costume isn't too obvious as he wasn't sure if he was supposed to dress up so it's just an all black outfit with horns so he could say he was some sort of demon if asked. The party isn't too far and it's definitely easier to get to than the hall. He enters and looks at the sign. It reads "Sir Nicholas de Mimsy~Porpington died 31st October, 1492" Wow Cayden knew some of the ghosts were really old but he hadn't really encountered anyone besides Myrtle and she wasn't even close to that old. He didnt ever talk to sir Nicholas and he wasn't sure if he was meant to bring a gift or if the ghost even wanted one so he just snuck into the kitchens and stole some old food. The ghost of the hour is the first to see him.

"Welcome welcome, I wasn't expecting any other humans coming to my party." The ghost starts. When he had said welcome he tipped of his head as casually as if he was tipping his hat. Cayden masked the shock fairly well and luckily Sir Nicholas got distracted by the old treats in his hands.

"OOO what are these?" He asks.

"They are for you sir Nicholas, I wasn't sure what you would like. I hope this is okay, Myrtle brought me." Cayden says holding out the treats.

"Wait your Myrtle's plus one. Wow I didn't think you were real when she said that she was bringing a friend we all just thought she was joking. Well you can put the treats on the table. I'm sure Myrtle is around here somewhere." He says gustring to the table full of half rotten food. Cayden has to keep himself from gagging. He does however remember a charm Ms. Sprout taught the class for when they are handling foul smelling plants and quickly charms his nose. Hopefully it will last long enough but it did work. He couldn't smell a thing and was breathing just fine. He walks around being careful not to walk through anyone. Finally after a few awkward almost walking through people he finds Myrtle who jumps up and flies around him.

"Oh you came, you came. Everyone was laughing at me thinking that I was lying to them but here you are, oh I knew you wouldn't let me down." She sequels and flies circles around him.

Cayden spends most of his time around Myrtle as ghosts question if he is a real student and if he is really here with Myrtle. Cayden knew Myrtle wasn't the most popular ghost but even the other ghosts barely knew anything beyond rumours about her. He looks around and spots the trio walking towards them. He starts to smile before Hermione says something and they all turn and walk in the other direction. His face falls and he continues listening to Myrtle's story about a girl who kept going into the bathroom and disrupting her. Her face fell when they heard Peeves yell for her. She glides over and Cayden follows her looking dead straight at Harry Potter. Of course it would be him. He bet they were making fun of Myrtle and him hanging out.

"Er, hello, Myrtle." Hermonie says unable to look Myrtle in the eyes.

"What." Myrtle said her voice matching the sulky expression she wore. He knew this would end with Myrtle either yelling or crying and nothing he could say would avoid it. So he just stood there. Staring at harry. Half of the reason he even went to this party was to avoid the boy he was now face to face with. Cayden tries to look at Myrtle or his shoes. Really he just wanted to look anywhere except for the boy in front of him. He resisted the urge to ask him how his summer is. He just wanted to say how he sent Dobby to warn him. How he had heard something horrible was going to happen. He just couldn't. He just stood there, looking blankly at the boy's emerald green eyes.

"How are you Myrtle? It's nice to see you outside of the toilet." Hermonie said with a fake voice and faker smile.

"Ms Granger was just talking about you-" Peeves starts before Hermonie interrupts him.