Chapter 4: Tricks and Troll's

As the month passes Cayden has to deal with Malfoys sour mood. He has been more and more annoying since Potter got that stupid broom stick. Honestly he didn't even care, Cayden just wanted Malfoy to shut up about it already. Before he knew it it was halloween morning. Cayden always loved halloween in fact everything about october was great, the pumpkins the fact that it's just the right weather for jumpers but not too cold that you needed a jacket. When Cayden got up to the dining hall and was met with the smell of pumpkins made the holiday all that much better. Classes were more fun that month because the teacher started trusting the student enough to let them do more advanced spells. When he got to charms Flitwik told the class that they could start with floating charms. He already knew simple charms like that so he was the first student to get it and ended up spending the rest of the class helping malfoy work it without messing up the words not that they mean much. Lunch soon arrived and he once again noticed how Hermonie stopped sitting with Ron and Harry. This was happening more and more Hermonie was almost never with them and was often in a worse mood when he saw her in the library.

Classes went by as normal and Snape scolded him for not having anything of interest to report about Malfoy or Potter. He was tired of this and started regretting potions and tried to avoid him everywhere else. It wasn't easy but he tried to focus on other things. He even visited myrtle briefly. She was nice and genuine which he missed. He could just talk with her and she could talk with him. She was a good friend. He was even excited for the halloween feast a few older Slytherin students were going to have a party after and he was invited along with Malfoy. He got to the feast and it was amazing. The food was great and he was having fun. While he was laughing the hall doors burst open and Professor Quirrel came rushing into the hall. He looked bad, his turban was messed up, he was sweating and he looked terrified.

"Troll - in the dungeons - thought you ought to know." he said quickly before fainting in the middle of the hall. Everyone panicked but Professor Dumbledore shot out several bright purple fireworks and people went quiet.

"Prefects, lead your houses back to the dormitories immediately." His voice rumbled across the hall.

"But sir, the slytherin dormitories are in the dungeons." one of the Slytherin prefects yelled.

"I SAID IMMEDIATELY" His voice boomed across the hall as everyone hurried out.

"We are not seriously going to the dungeons where the troll is are we?" Cayden asked the prefect.

"What other choice do we have? Look there are a lot of us and only one troll worst comes to worst the older students will protect you guys." The prefect said while trying to lead the students out of the hall.

"This is bull shit!" Cayden said before running off. He ran and ran until he saw a bathroom. For a minute he forgot he had the potion on because the room he ran into was a girls room. He heard sniffling coming from one of the stalls. He assumed it was a scared student who lost their way. Maybe if he helped them back to their dorm people would stop assuming the worst from slytherins or at least this student might.

"Hey are you ok?" He knocks on the stall door.

"What are you doing in here? You do know this is a girls room plus I want to be alone." The girl snaps back.

"Ha you sound like Myrtle plus I think considering the circumstances any safe space to hide is a good place to hide. Maybe I could help get you back to your dorm?" He said.

"What circumstances?" Hermonie asks before opening up the stall door. Just as she does they both turn at the sound of the door opening. It's the troll. They hear the door lock

"That one." Cayden says panicked grabbing his wand. Hermione screams before readying her wand.

"Shoot, I don't know any defensive spells." She says