Chapter 9: Enemies and Endings

Cayden saw Quirrell standing over Harry looking down on him.

"No no no, I tried to kill you." He said Harry was just standing there scared. 'I knew it' Cayden thought to himself. "Your friend Ms. Granger accidentally knocked me over. Snape was muttering a counter curse trying to save you."

"Wait a minute Snape tried to save me?" Harry said questiongly. Cayden was looking around at anything he could use to get them out of here while they are distracted when his eyes landed on the mirror.

"You are too nosy to live, Potter. Scurrying around the school on hallowe'en like that, I thought you were going to catch me. Luckily you were so blinded by your hatred for Severus that you didn't even notice your friend trying to help you, let alone me." He says with a dramatic pause before continuing. "Speaking of that friend I see you brought him with you."

"I never trusted you, I could feel it." He says. As Quirrell steps closer and closer Cayden could feel his emotions but they weren't just his.

"W-who are you?" Cayden says feeling truly terrified for the first time.

"Hm" he smirks, almost laughing to himself. "You two should wait quietly while I examine this mirror." Quirrell says before turning around towards the mirror. Cayden slowly brings the poison bottle out from its hiding place in his cloak. Quirrell is talking to himself in the mirror when Harry and Cayden make up a silent agreement.

"I-I saw you in the forest." Harry blurts out bringing Quirrell's attention back on him and away from the mirror. They talk and Cayden tries to get to the mirror slowly one step at a time.

"Ah ah ah." Quirrell says right before Cayden gets to the mirror. "Not so fast." He says as he grabs Cayden by the neck and throws him across the room. Cayden protects the potion bottle and Harry argrly turns towards quirrell. He grabs Harry and takes him towards the mirror. Harry lies about what he sees and Cayden can feel his suppressed relief. Harry has the stone, its safe. Now all they need is to get out of there.

"I-I've won the house cup for gryffindor." Harry says.

"Pft as if that would ever happen." Cayden says acting as if he doesn't understand the mirror. Clearly the mirror doesn't show the future so I guess your dreams won't happen either." He says glaring at quirrell.

"Well then how about you smart boy." He says throwing Harry down and grabbing Cayden by his hair and dragging the struggling boy over to the mirror.

"Well what do you see." He says. Cayden looks in the mirror. He sees his friends and family all safe but that's not the strange part. The image flashes and he sees a snake and he is talking to it.

"I see me ruling over hogwarts. I'm top student and everyone respects me." He says giving the most typical slytherin answer he can think of. Suddenly out of nowhere they both hear a horrifying shrivel voice.

"They lie." It says.

"I was really hoping you two would understand. I'm just following orders. After all, I'm not the one who you are really looking for." He says while he slowly unravels his turban. Once the turban is fully undone Cayden gags and Harry looks up in horror at the face of Voldemort they see in front of them. Cayden is the first to act. Quirrell steps backwards, Voldemort's head first towards Harry and Quirrell's eyes are distracted. He grabs the poison bottle, rips open the lid and pours it all over Quirrell's eyes. He lets out a shrieking scream and both Voldemort and Quirrell yell.

"YOU WRETCHED BOY YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!" But before he can do anything both the boys try to run only to be cornered by the abomination. They grab Cayden and throw him against the wall. Then there is black.