Chapter 2: Shops and Silence

Cayden escaped into the shop to get away from the Weasley's only to be surrounded by Gildory Lockheart Fans. He went upstairs to find the used books. Less people were on the second floor but the noise still carried. He walked towards the used book's bin as he had done every year before realising that he had enough money to buy new books. He had never had anything new; it was always handed down. He read some of Lockheart's books and honestly couldn't see what all the fuss was about. He wasn't an amazing writer and honestly all of his books had a completely different tone and take on the adventure. It really seemed like all the man was, was a smile for the cover. He went and got the books he needed for school as well as some parchment. The books were thirty six galleons and the parchment and quills were 4 galleons, 3 sickles and 12 knuts. After he spent all his money on new books for the reading list he still had 44 galleons, 5 sickles and 17 knuts saved up. He needed a place to store his money so he found the Malfoys before telling them he was going to shop for a bit. They allowed him and he found Madam Malkin's shop. He stepped in for the first time as Cayden and she didn't even notice him. He went up to her table and asked for fabric scraps. She always used to give him scraps of leftover fabric and sometimes she would even have some leftover leather or higher quality that she would give him. Today however she looked at him with a confused look on her face.

"Fine, I have a few things out back, follow me." She said as she walked to the back of her shop. He was able to find a bit of leather and some fabric he could use to make clothes.

"Madam, thank you so much I have missed this." He said.

"No you haven't. I know everyone who has ever bought a robe from me and I have never before seen you in my shop so tell me boy, who are you?" She asked without a trace of a smile on her face.

"Can you keep a secret?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" She demanded.

"If I tell you who I really am, I mean really I'm Cayden but if you want to know why I know you so well and claim to know you then you need to promise me that you won't tell anyone no matter what who I am."

"Fine fine fine I would like to know. I promise I will never tell anyone." She says. Cayden then lifts the spell and she sees his familiar face.

"Oh my. What did you do to your hair, Oh merlin Molly has been worried sick about you." Madam starts before he cuts her off.

"Well she shouldn't be, she is the one who disowned me. I told her all she needed to do was accept me but nope she just sent a howler disowning me instead." He says annoyed.

"I-I'm sorry she did what." Madam says before Cayden puts the spell back on.

"Yeah turns out she can't handle her perfect Gryffindor daughter being her slytherin son." He says.

"Oh my sweetie. I'm so sorry." She says as she gives him a hug. "Oh merlin who are you staying with please tell me you aren't on the streets."

"No no don't worry I still attend Hogwarts and I spend the summer with friends." He says giving his best fake and happy smile.

"Well here take the scraps, even take a few needles and thread it's on me today." She says.

"No its fine really I got a job I can pay you." He says handing over 2 galleons 5 sickles and 10 knuts. "This should cover it right."

"This is more than enough here." She says giving him an extra yard of fabric. "They gave me the wrong one but I know this is your favourite whenever you used to come in so take this Oh and some silver and green fabric. You will need it as a proud slytherin." She says.

"Thank you so much, this is so generous." He says stuffing it in his bag.

"You are welcome in my shop anytime Cayden." She says with a wink as he leaves the shop.