Chapter 3: Bullies and Bruises

Cayden was sleeping peacefully when he was quite rudely awoken by Draco storming into their room talking about flying lessons and how excited he was. He went on a tangent about how his father had gotten him a new broom this summer and how he was an excellent flyer. He also wouldn't stop talking about how Potter will see him on a broom and regret not being his friend. Frankly Cayden was tired of it. Of course soon enough Thursday came around and Gryffindor and Slytherin were lined up together on the lawn for flying lessons. Everyone listened to madam Hooch and stood by a broom.

"Stick out your right hand over your broom and say, 'Up!'"

Everyone shouted, Up! Most people's brooms didn't go up to their hands immediately aside from Ron, Harry, and Cayden. Madam Hooch even corrected Malfoy which gave Harry and Ron huge smiles. Sometimes Cayden forgot how much of a prick his ex twin could be. Madam Hooch then instructed everyone to get on their brooms however Neville didn't exactly understand so instead he went flying and crashing. Of course madam Hooch had to go and take him to the hospitable wing. What's worse is Malfoy found Neville's remembrall on the ground.

"Look!" He said as he ran and snatched the shiny sphere. "Its that stupid thing longbottoms gran sent him."

"Give it here, Malfoy!" A boy shouted. Of course it had to be Harry bloody Potter who goes against Malfoy. Malfoy had to drag it on, you could see it on the smirk that started to form on his face.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to collect - how about - up in a tree?" Malfoy says.

"Don't you dare Malfoy." Said Cayden, overshadowed by Harry yelling.

"Give it here, Malfoy."

"Come and get it Potter." Malfoy yelled. Hermonie tried to talk the two down but Cayden already knew it was no use. The boys were too caught up in their personal rivalry to care about the consequences of their actions. Hermonie realised it was no use and turned to yell at Cayden.

"You could have stopped him, you know, if you slytherins weren't such pricks, maybe we could have had a civil class for once." She says angrily waving her finger at him.

"Oh please like your friend is any better." He says dismissing her before they both see Malfoy drop the remembrall and Harry dive down to get it. They watch as Professor Mcgonagall comes and yells at Harry and Madame Hooch goes to continue the class.

Before he knew it the day was over. Cayden finally had a moment to himself. He went to the library to find a book to read but of course Hermione Granger had to be there. He rolled his eyes and went to grab a book from behind where she was sitting.

"You know you don't need to roll your eyes at me, your friend is the one who started it." She says not looking up from her book.

"Oh don't act so high and mighty like your friends are any better." he remarks before checking out his book and walking back down to the potions room.

"Mr. Prewett glad to know you are competent enough to come down to the potions room." Snape said not looking up from the papers he was grading. Jeez, can't people look up from their work when they talk to me? He thinks to himself.

"Malfoy and Potter got into a fight last period. Thought you would want to know before tomorrow's class." He says.

"Hm." Snape grunts before dismissing him. As he walks out of the room he runs into Malfoy.

"Oh good, you're here, let's go and grab dinner. I'm starving, plus I wanna get a look at Potter's defeat." He says with a smirk plastered over his face. They arrive at the dining hall with Crabbe and Goyle and of course the first thing Malfoy has to do is walk past where Potter is sitting.